LU vs BU

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  norcalfan 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

norcalfan
    Participant

I just check the board and there is absolutely no chatter about this game. Where are the regulars, StablerBum, LU65. Rich, LUHoops and everyone else? Greiner was not in the last game. How will LU do against BU. I am excited to see the game. Hope my boy Andoh gets some time on the court against his former high school teammate Adams. What are the predictions here? Come on LU student body. Lot’s of people looking, no one is talking.

norcalfan
    Participant

Something weird on the LU basketball site. I was verifying the time of the BU game on CBS Sports, when I noticed that the score was already posted. The game has not been played folks! Someone made a mistake over there. Check it out. Maybe they will realize it and clear it before most folks see it. Weird!

• This reply was modified 12 years, 1 month ago by  norcalfan.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sorry norcal spending too much time with football. Not optimistic for tonite but I will be glued to the tv. Hopefully Greiner healed and rested. BJ could be a key now that Reed has started giving him PT. Much better on D than JH. Need someoneto actually step up besides CJ. Watched a bit of AU Navy last night. Embarrassing for Middies.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I’m excited for this game. I was just thinking that it will be nice for this team to play without expectations, and as a clear underdog, for the first time in awhile. I think it usually takes teams some time to get used to having a target on their back every night, and that is something that LU is still working on for the rest of this year and next.
    There is no reason LU can’t win this game, this remains an extremely talented team. I hope they come out tonight fired up, with the pressure off, hoping to make a statement and ruin BU’s perfect run. Looking forward to it.
    Hope Greiner is 100% and would like to see BJ get another extended look.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not that JH doesn’t give 100% but BJ a better player IMHO, if enuf rust has been removed. Must play better D than we did at home.

lehigh90
    Participant

Going to game tonight. First time to Bucknell. I am not expecting a win, but I’m hopeful. I’m not sure BJ going to be much of a factor in this one. Talk about throwing a guy in the deep end. To play so little, then to be thrown into this one will be tough. I do like the fact that he is a quicker defender on the perimeter to control penetration and play tough D at the 3 point line, where Bucknell’s smaller guys like to play. To me, the number one key in the game is that CJ gets off early. He has been pretty much controlled by Cohen in every game between them. He needs to have a big game to give Lehigh a chance. He needs to go for 25, and set the tempo early in the game. If I were Reed, I would run everything through him early to try to get him off to a quick start and try to perhaps get Cohen into foul trouble. And, CJ cannot settle for the jumper. He needs to attack the rim, and go hard to the basket. No fade away floaters near the basket. I know it is hard to go at the rim with Cohen defending and Muscala in the paint, but he needs to challenge those guys early and be aggressive.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

BU arena fun. Enjoy.

Agree it would be throwing BJ into the deep end .Dont see Reed having a better choice. JH not good at perimeter D, if he can score a bunch wont make much difference. We need someone to to get hot other than CJ and we need to play better D. A healthy and productive Greiner would give us a real chance to win even at Bucknell . All said and done matchups do not favor lehigh. D, hustle and a bit of luck do

• This reply was modified 12 years, 1 month ago by RichH RichH.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gee, just checking in on BU board about game tonite. Boy they really dont like CJ.
    Imagine he can be tough to take for opponents but they do a bit over board. I hope CJ torches them tonite

lehigh90
    Participant

The bitching on the Bucknell board is unbearable. Talk about a Napolean complex. First, they are whining about the officiating before the game even starts. How CJ has his own rules, and poor Mike Muscala gets roughed up every game. Then how can CJ ever be considered over MM for POW because CJ shoots so much, and more than points matters. (Hint: There is a reason he was invited to the World Games tryouts, and it is not because he shoots so much). Then they even try to spin how Bucknell’s roughly $500 million endowment is really more than Lehigh’s roughly $1 billion endowment. For an undefeated team, their fans really like to feel sorry for themselves.

LU2007
    Participant

I’m just waiting for the attendance discussion to start. They love to talk about that as well.

Regarding CJ getting calls…where were these ‘CJ rules’ at the end of last year’s Patriot League semi-final??? I recall him getting clobbered at the end of the game and the refs swallowing the whistle. These BU people…gah.

I’ll be watching tonight’s game with a crew of Lehigh folks in Hoboken. Nice job, lehigh90, making the trip. You’ll like the arena a lot. That drive home through PA is not fun without a win though. Been in that situation too many times. Look forward to hearing your firsthand account.

By the way, everyone – been reading the board for years and finally decided to jump into the conversation. Hope to inspire a few others who have been doing the same.

Let’s go Lehigh!!!

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

The bitching on the Bucknell board is unbearable. Talk about a Napolean complex. First, they are whining about the officiating before the game even starts. How CJ has his own rules, and poor Mike Muscala gets roughed up every game. Then how can CJ ever be considered over MM for POW because CJ shoots so much, and more than points matters.

They obviously didn’t watch the Lehigh/American game last week, where American’s non-existent football players showed up dressed up in basketball duds and threw around our players.

I fully expect Bucknell to adopt the same philosophy tonight. You know they’ll get every single call, so why not? Just tackle CJ and pin him down to prevent him from getting warm. It’s the only proven method to taking down him as an offensive threat.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Sorry been mia last couple days boys, been running ragged, what an unreal win. When we got down 7 I thought we were dead as nails, but some great defense and clutch shots at the end were enough to pull out tough road win. I knew we could play with this team, we survived Willman being en fuego and CJ having a bad game up until 0.8 seconds left in the game that is! We can beat this team, a healthy Greiner by March and we could be in same situation on the road at BU. Huge win to keep up battle for 2 seed. Great heart type effort. Again, BJ first guard off bench, he has now jumped AD and SC in rotation, and he played some great defense again, and had some nice huge rebounds on both ends of floor, drained nice 3 ball…he is becoming glue guy right now, love the effort here, love reed trusting him on road in big spot…JA had some nice plays and JM as well, JH did to, seniors stepped up(Norcal it was for you)….GO LU!

If your Paulson, how the hell, how the hell, how the hell don’t you double the ball with like 10 seconds left to try to get ball out of CJ hands, make JH or MM beat you with a jumper..you can’t let CJ stand there, milk it, and then go one on one….what a clutch shot, love that he wanted it despite rough game, love that attitude…love that love that..that is huge growth for CJ right there, that is assassin type shot, cross over and pull up J wow..still in disbelief…..

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Someone better check Sojka for Cameron Ayers’ shorts. They have to be on the floor somewhere.

norcalfan
    Participant

My seniors were awesome! Yes, they stepped up to help lead this team to victory. What an awesome game. You could not tell me that this team could keep LU in the game with CJ struggling so much. TEAMWORK wins games has been my mantra. So proud of how the team played tonight even when it looked bleak. Can they continue to play as a team?

LU06
    Participant

Short post for now…but loved the D when Maneri, BJ and Adams were on the floor together. All three always seemed to be in the right position whether man up or helping. Finally. Love to see the D..reminds me of the Billy Taylor days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.