Maishe Dailey Offer

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Maishe Dailey Offer

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

per twitter Ohio

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Misread tweet. Offer is to. armond Perry. G. Brentwood HS

toddcudd
    Participant

Found this video: http://3rdcoasthoops.com/under-the-radar/detail/437
    Rising junior, with a pretty impressive collection of moves; looks like he can go both ways on the drive, and can shoot off the dribble.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Hopefully, we will land a couple forward/post up players. We are recruiting many guards but no big men.
    What’s up with that?

toddcudd
    Participant

I wonder the same, Hawkineer. Two possibilities, in my mind: either a.) they are confident that they’ve got a couple lined up for next year’s class, and are comfortable, or b.) they’re having real trouble identifying bigs that we’ve got a shot at. Here’s hoping it’s the former…

Hawkineer2
    Participant

I hope so too but if we had one or two bigger guys I assume there would be, at least, some rumors to that affect. Perhaps, I have missed something. I believe there is at least one offer out but nothing lined up. There are obcious aspects of having so many people at one position and a large imbalance: depth issues if there are injuries, inadequate bench strength, lack of competition during practices, and insufficient minutes at the overloaded position which can cause morale issues.
    Next year LU will only have 3 front court players with size and a dozen guards with at least one more being recruited. I know it is hard to recruit quality big men Lehigh will struggle if it has an almost All Guard team.

toddcudd
    Participant

According to Verbal Commits, we’ve got a bunch of offers out to 2015 bigs. I have no idea how promising any of them are, but the list looks encouraging.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/lehigh

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doc definitely Gcentric. As a mid major,clear we have more chance for very good Gs than top big men as pool of talent at G so much larger.
    Break down roster a bit differently.

F. TK,JC, JG, CB
    S. SC, JRG, KM, BA (?)
    G. Cs,MS,AP,KR,TJ,DC,CR,GP

Even then we do need an inside big. They are few and far between at our level.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Hopefully, we will land a couple forward/post up players. We are recruiting many guards but no big men.
    What’s up with that?

Dailey and Perry just completed their sophomore years and are 2016 prospects. We don’t have a ton of names yet in that class, so I’m not sure how the breakdown is of guards vs bigs. However, it’s clear that the staff is targeting multiple bigs in the class of 2015. Right now on the list of 2015 prospects 35 of the 81 targets are 6’7 or bigger, and more importantly of the 22 known offers extended by the staff 13 are to guys 6’7 or taller. I would be surprised at this point if the 2015 class didn’t include two big guys. That’s my hope anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.