Matt Holba

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

hawksfan201
    Participant

Very Shocking news. I heard Matt Holba has decided to transfer. What’s going on with this program??

lehigh90
    Participant

Wow, another shocker. Assume wants play more and closer to home. His role really diminished this season.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Where did U read this ???? He probably would have seen good playing time next year. Doubt that was issue. We currently have no bigs on the team. Lieb in a boot since oct. And not if matt left. Uhhhh

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

This trend leads to “where there’s smoke” type questions…….. As in; WTF is going on?

hawktalker
    Participant

His minutes declined all season to single digits by the end. Perhaps this is his response

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Per Indiana Basketball Service , a statement that Holba is transferring. Damn.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Reporter got the info from Matt’s Dad.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=31163]Per Indiana Basketball Service , a statement that Holba is transferring. Damn.

[/quote]

The only article I see is the one from Indiana Basketball Source about Holba transferring – as a sophomore in High School. His dad was the source. Is there an article about a transfer from Lehigh?

http://inbasketballsource.com/recruiting-news/1039-matt-holba-will-transfer/1161-holba-will-transfer

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

The only article I see is the one from Indiana Basketball Source about Holba transferring – as a sophomore in High School. His dad was the source. Is there an article about a transfer from Lehigh?

Haven’t seen an article but there are a few tweets.

Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10 21h21 hours ago
    More
    Lehigh forward Matt Holba has asked for his release to transfer, per source

I was hoping this rumor wasn’t true. Hard to believe this is playing time related given that Matt was one of only two returning frontcourt players and the leader in minutes. This is pure conjecture, but I wonder if the dearth of healthy big men means Matt was going to be forced to play in the paint again and that was something he wasn’t especially interested in.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No article.Asked him he tweeted back to me that Matt’s Dad told him.
    Assume Doc will give him his release.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Matt has surfaced at IP Fort Wayne. Wish him best luck for the future.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=31344]Matt has surfaced at IP Fort Wayne. Wish him best luck for the future.

[/quote]

IPFW’s head coach, Jon Coffman, was an assistant at Colgate for a few years, immediately before he went there, first as an assistant. They have done well the last two years despite a low budget. Coffman in his third year as head coach was only making $120,000.

IPFW, btw, now calls themselves Fort Wayne for basketball and other sports. On their website and in articles, you’ll never see IPFW any more.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Bison137 Bison137.
    travism
    travism
    Participant

What was the reason from going to lehigh to there ??? Closer to home is all I see. I don’t get it

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Opinion reason was PT. He wasnt beatimg out Andree. He had a very tough career at LU. Similar situation to TJ and MS who are doing well in D2 close to home. Shane was pure homesickness. Alston graduated saw a chance to move up. And he’s gotten it.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Also on Alston who graduated in 3 years, according to what I heard, the post-graduate program he wanted was a one year program at Lehigh. He has two years of eligibility left. So he needed a two year program. Apparently LSU has that.

And by the way, LSU lost to Mississippi State last year, at home, by 17. LSU is a jump up from Lehigh because of the league, but not as much as you might think. Bottom line is, we lost a nice player and an excellent student due to unusual circumstances and NCAA rules.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.