McBride to Rockies

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh In The Pros McBride to Rockies

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LU808
    LU808
    Participant

Matt McBride promoted to Colorado Rockies
    Published: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 12:37 PM     Updated: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 1:07 PM
    Michael LoRe | The Express-Times By Michael LoRe | The Express-Times The Express-Time

Matt McBrideView full sizeMatt McBride
    Matt McBride, a Lehigh Universitygraduate, has earned his first promotion to the major leagues, being called up from Triple-A by the Colorado Rockies, according to his father.

George McBride, who was watching his son play against the Iowa Cubs on Friday night, dropped Matt off at the airport to join the Rockies in Denver.

“It’s great. I’m going to drive out there,” George McBride said today. “I hope to get there for first pitch.”

McBride, also Liberty High School graduate, is hitting .354 with 36 doubles, 10 home runs and 77 RBIs with Colorado Springs.

A 2012 Triple-A All-Star, McBride can play a variety of positions including catcher, first base, third base and the outfield.

Before each game, Matt texts his parents, but George was a little worried with the message he received before getting to the ballpark on Friday.

“He said, ‘I’m fine, but I’ve been scratched from the lineup,'” George McBride said. “I didn’t get a real good feeling from that.”

It wasn’t until after the game when Sky Sox manager Stu Cole told McBride and reliever Edgmer Escalona they’ve been promoted, according to George McBride.

“A lot’s going on. It’s just great,” George McBride said. “This is something he’s worked for. He’s had his tough times (labrum surgery in ’08). Fortunately he got the call last night.”

The Rockies have not officially announced the promotion.

TMH
    Participant

McBride’s debut was a good one. He went 2 for 4 with a double, run and RBI.

Now if we can just  get a certain player in the NBA, we hit the tri-fecta. Count the Lao-Gosney brothers and it’s 4 of 4.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.