McCollum Camping

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball McCollum Camping

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  norcalfan 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

CJ has been earning really solid reviews this week at the Lebron James Skills Academy. I saw one website that tabbed him the 2nd best shooter at the event after Creighton’s Doug McDermott. However, I wanted to post this review of his performance at the Chris Paul camp by Slam Magazine. Pretty impressive stuff:

Here’s a look at some of the top college guys that caught our at the Chris Paul Elite Point Guard Camp:

CJ McCollum, 6-3, PG/SG, Senior, Lehigh: Hands down, the MVP of the camp was Lehigh’s CJ McCollum. After destroying Duke in the NCAA tournament, the combo guard passed up rolling to the League and has continued his transformation from 5-3 guard to NBA player. Now readily approaching 200 pounds, the Canton, Ohio native showed off his new found strength and surprising athleticism (he barely missed a between the legs dunk) to dominate the camp. His shot fake, step-back, and NBA range made him a nightmare to guard throughout the camp. He even got his with CP3 guarding him, leaving the All-NBA defender shaking his head in astonishment. Two teams picking in the lottery of last month’s NBA Draft told me that they saw him as a lottery pick next year and with the way that he played in NC, we absolutely agree.

Learning From The Best

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

WOW!

van
    van
    Participant

Quite impressive!

TMH
    Participant

To me, what stands out is that everyone is raving about his shooting. I have seen a lot of Lehigh basketball games over the last 3 years and if I had to find a flaw in CJ’s game, it would be shooting %. He could slash with the best of them, is probably the best rebounder on the team, has PG type passing skills but at the end of many games I would look at the scoreboard and see he had 24 points. Most however came from the FT and on a lot of shots. If he is shooting like everyone is saying, the sky is the limit this year.

LUHoops00
    Participant

He also did very well at the Durant camp as well, big summer for CJ…..heard lottery being talked about for his draft status next year.

norcalfan
    Participant

Way to go CJ. The best of luck to him next year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.