Men's Soccer Recruits-2015

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Other Sports/Suggest New Category Men's Soccer Recruits-2015

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jase01 Jase01 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Steve1234
    Participant

hye buddy m just looking to join a football team could plz send me details regarding this ,,

TMH
    Participant

This is shaping up to be a really good recruiting class in soccer too.

Alex Greene-**** recruit #26 MF in the country

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-player-profile/alexander-greene/pid-38020

and twin brother Oscar Greene **** #22 D in country

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-player-profile/oscar-greene/pid-38021

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Texas,impressed. These 2 are real talent. If only football could get as much from Texas as soccer and lax :)

TMH
    Participant

New Commitment

Matt Morana-D Shrewsbury, CT

Top Drawer did not rank him, likely because they don’t know enough about him. He appears to have quite a resume.

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/academy/teams/U16/matthew-morana

These club teams that are associated with MLS teams bring in the elite from around the country which precludes them from playing HS soccer.

TMH
    Participant

Here is a nice article on the twins Greene twins who recently committed to Lehigh

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/boys-commitments:-twin-killing_aid33370

TMH
    Participant

Mark Forrest, Forward, Lehigh Valley United
    Class: 2015
    Commitment: Lehigh

A target forward with aerial prowess, Mark Forrest jumped at the chance to join the Patriot League program in the back yard.

“I decided to commit to Lehigh because I loved the feel of the campus and the feel of the soccer program specifically, more so than any other school I visited,” Forrest told TopDrawerSoccer.com. “The strong academics were also a huge factor for me.”

toddcudd
    Participant

Do we actually give soccer scholarships? Watching this game vs. Manhattan, and I really hope we don’t…

TMH
    Participant

Per Soccer Drawer
    Matt Morana, Defender, New England Revolution
    Class: 2015
    Commitment: Lehigh

Perhaps slightly under the radar, Lehigh is starting to build a quality men’s soccer recruiting class.

The latest add is Matt Morana, the U16 captain for the New England Revolution’s Academy side.

“I decided to commit to Lehigh because of its combination of a prestigious academic school, along with its competitive Division 1 team in the Patriot League,” Morana told TopDrawerSoccer.com. “When I went to their ID camp this summer, coach [Dean] Koski, coach [Mike] Montross, and coach [Ryan] Hess were extremely personable and knowledgeable guys who clearly knew the game very well.

“Also, not only is the campus beautiful, but so are the facilities. Lehigh has a complex about three miles from the main campus that has all of the sports fields, and the Ulritch Sports Complex, where the soccer team plays, is a terrific stadium. Another reason why I chose Lehigh was because it is close enough to still see my family, as well as my extended family, who lives in New Jersey, New York, and Maryland.”

Morana is a versatile, team-first player who is willing to slot in anywhere on the field on the back line. A summer camp experience played another big role in the decision.

“When I went to Lehigh’s ID camp this summer, I met some of the current players on the soccer team, and they answered all the questions I had and went out of their way to introduce me and really make me comfortable,” he said. “Also, the coaching staff was always approachable. Coach Koski has been the head coach at Lehigh for 23 years, and his experience proved to me that we have the ability to do big things.”

The defender is the sixth verbal commitment to Lehigh for the class of 2015.

TMH
    Participant

toddcudd,
    I was at that game and actually pleasantly surprised. They are much quicker to the ball than I’ve seen in a long time and with the return of Decker, they have finishers. The return of Nugent really solidifies the all important goalie spot (Nugent didn’t play in the opener). This team may surprise. They are already 2-0.

TMH
    Participant

Another addition:

Donovan Perayeff, M, Vardar Academy

http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/47187189-60852392/53324481.html

This may turn out to be an outstanding class.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Imressive. In soccer,are the club teams more relevant than the HS teams?

TMH
    Participant

I’m told very much so. These club teams hand pick the cream of the crop and the competition is typically far superior. From a fan’s perspective though, there is very little writeup on their performance so even the rating agencies can’t evaluate them. This young man however seems to be a scorer.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks. Trying to get a sense of recruiting in all these different sports. Lots of very different worlds.

Jase01
    Jase01
    Participant

I hope you won’t mind me sharing a link, here’s a good source of latest football news.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Jase01 Jase01.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Jase01 Jase01.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.