Michigan State – Game 13

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Michigan State – Game 13

This topic contains 32 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

65, I’m not sure I get this. We are good enough to beat Wagner on the road and Wagner is good enough to beat Pitt on the road, but we shouldn’t expect to compete with BCS level teams?

We blew the st. Johns game opening night. Up 15 with 12 minutes left.

I agree that MSU is a very difficult match up for LU or and other PL team because of their size and physicality, but LU can and eventually will win one of these games. I firmly believe that.

LU65
    Participant

Stabler Bum, sorry for implying we weren’t good enough to beat a BCS level team. It was not my intention. You’re right, we should have beaten St. Johns (6-5) and we did blow it. But St. John’s is no Michigan State. I was simply referencing our lack of rebounding talent – especially the type and size of the player you see night in-night out in many of the BCS power conferences and Michigan State in parrticular. I do agree with you that Lehigh – as presently constituted – will eventually win one of those games and I’ll be there to cheer them on.

Warm Christmas wishes to all!

LUHoops00
    Participant

65 – The love is mutual, perhaps I needed to better explain myself, but really stablerbum did it for me. All I meant by that is that, the folks presently suited up for LU, can win one of these games against the likes of a MSU. Listen, even the super fans like myself understand if we play MSU 100 times they win the vast vast majority, I"m just saying we got enough talent to win some of the 100 games when a MSU type team plays their B game and we play lights out for 40 minutes. I mean, listen, we were one HOT CJ HALF OF BASKETBALL from winning vs msu, we did have the lead at halftime, and if CJ did what CJ is capable of doing, we perhaps could have snuck out of east lansing and beat Wagner to the upset party…this even with the, and I won’t go on and on, fact that Reed’s recruiting inside the CJ era has been questionable at best.

I got a great thread I was stewing over last night during Xmas dinner….think you and SBum will like this one a lot….

65- understand bryant tough sell, but HC on Jan 7th????

LUHoops00

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.