Mid Major Tourney Results

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Mid Major Tourney Results

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Norcalfan…..If a team wins the regular season championship but not the tournament championship, they are guaranteed a slot in the NIT. I was just postulating that many times when tournament upsets occur, it takes away a precious slot for Lehigh to possibly get into the NIT or some other post season tournament. The difference between a 14th and 15th seed to me means little except if it prevents a play-in scenario.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Put it this way: 14 vs. 15 might be the difference between, say, Duke or Baylor in a first-round matchup. For Lehigh, the type of opponent basically wouldn’t change that much.

LU06
    Participant

Another game of interest in the Penn-Princeton game tonight. If Penn wins, Penn and Harvard will play a one game playoff, winner gets the auto bid. Harvard will be a candidate for an at-large bid based on their current 11-seed per Lunardi and strong rpi and Kenpom. If Penn gets the auto, they fall into the tier of teams just below Bucknell and above Lehigh according by rpi (though their kenpom is a bit lower at 125ish). Penn winning tonight is no gimme though, in fact Vegas has them as 4.5 dogs right now.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I actually think there is a bit of a difference between this years 2’s and this years 3’s….as of what is posted on espn.com bracketology, lunardi has the following teams as 2’s…Mich State, Missouri, Ohio State and Duke….3’s he has Baylor, Michigan, Gtown, Marquette…granted, neither BU or LU would be expected to win but I’d rather play any of the 3’s over any of the 2’s…

this wku vs north texas game is good….man this week is amazing…i’m so fired up for tomorrow wow….GO LU

LU06
    Participant

Heck of a finish to that WKU game Hoops00, and all these amazing games are getting me more fired up as well. I didn’t even think that was possible. Two more tipping off as we speak. Summit League – South Dakota listed as 13-seed right now, vs. W. Illinois who is 150+ in RPI. Horizon League – Valpo listed as 14-seed right now vs. Detroit about 135-140 in RPI. So certainly rooting for W. Illinois and Detroit.

This is fun, let’s hope all these games I am taking an interest in mean something around 9 pm tomorrow night

norcalfan
    Participant

TMH, I think understand. If LU wins, they go to the NCAA, if not they are done? Of course if BU wins, they go to the NCAA, loss they go to the NIT.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I may need to eat my words. With North Texas qualifying from the Sun Belt (almost certainly a 16 seed) and Detroit taking the Summit (Real Time RPI: 135), all of a sudden a 14 seed seems very much within reach. BU is a lot more likely to get the 14 seed than Lehigh, but I don’t think it’s outlandish anymore. A Montana loss would help, too.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Detroit was big, but missed on a couple last nite. Yes BU more likely to get 14 but if we win tonite we got a shot at one, but odds still say 15. Let’s take care of biz tonight. Just worked out at gym to ease some tension, had lu game shorts on and 10 champ shirt on, and rocking LU tie for work today. Represent boys and girls, let’s go.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.