Monmouth

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Monmouth

This topic contains 61 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

time to forget about Nova, and for payback with Monmouth

lot of positives from game #1 and a lot of things to clean up as well, clean it up and get back to .500

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Before we move on, may I gloat I had the ‘Nova margin of victory correct (three points, though I was off by eight total — 34-31)?

I missed the game due to other obligations — heard only some of the first half.

I enjoyed reading all of your analysis. Very insightful.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Heading into MU we are #19 in both polls.
    Got to watch some of MU Pards. MU had a meh O partly due to Pards D which looks fairly solid. MU D hard to rate as Parxs have no OL or RBs. Frosh QB lit them up tho even lacking those. Mayes should have a field day.

van
    van
    Participant

I watched also, me thinks we could have 500 yds passing against them if we want to

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Last year MU outgained LU, amazingly 413-239. On Saturday, it was 418-261 MU over Pards in yardage game.

Looks like a blowout on paper, (IMHO just like last year). But last year LU blew it at home. Now they’ve got to travel to West Long Branch.

Should be good game. Can’t wait to see notes.

van
    van
    Participant

Pards had only 1 net yard rushing, turned over on downs once, punted 6 times and were intercepted twice

we did not run the ball well against Nova but we had a lot more than 1 net yard and threw the ball all over the place without any intercepted. I’m pretty confident that the Monmouth D is not as stout as Nova, of course the lingering question is can we contain there tailback that had a big day against Easton Jr College

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

MU QB does not have much of an arm. OL did pretty well vs Pard DL, a solid veteran unit. Pard 2ndary no great shakes.

van
    van
    Participant

MU threw mostly short passes, not much down field and primarily one go-to receiver, albeit he looked pretty good at yards after catch, shut him down and I don’t see much of a passing attack

LehighGuy
    Participant

Same old Lehigh. We will need to outscore everyone. The D is still biggest problem. Mainly the secondary who cant tackle or cover anyone. To bad its only one Sr, and he is the best of the bunch. The safeties……….sad. We will have to deal with this D for yrs to come.

van
    van
    Participant

problems with D gone on too long, why can’t we recruit some better D? seems like a PL thing where either D or O is weak, Rams good O not much D, Buffs good D not much O, Hoyas usually a strong D but weak O, only Gate and Cross seem more balanced

recruiting or is it the scheme and coaching?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not really sure. D has athletes on D. Dont see it being a recruiting issue as much as the scheme and the continuing lack of aggressiveness. New scheme issues evident with way too many blown assignments. 2ndary tackling albeit not as weak as last few years is still not good. Botts still calling a bend not break D. CBs most often in a zone read .Did not see much man coverage. Pass rush has not been effective. Some of that may be Nova OL. Understand the theory but results do not justify continuing read and react scheme on most every down. Sure aggressive can at times allow big plays. Hell we gave up a bunch anyway.Andy keeps saying we need more sacks and TOs. We should actually run a D to get them. Relying on individual talents of DL alone is not enuf.

objective observer
    Participant

DID LEHIGH WIN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE LAST YEAR? CANT REMEMBER

AS FOR THE DEFENSE- ONCE AGAIN IT IS THE HARDEST AREA TO RECRUIT – FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE

AS FOR SATURDAY – a veteran cant fumble in that situation and a veteran has two chances to catch a touchdown – would be tied or down one touchdown at half

we outscored villanova 21 to the 10 in second half so if it was tied we win even if they are up a touch down we still win

BE PATIENT – ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ONE GAME
    HOLY CRAP
    NO ONE ON HERE HAS EVER COACHED – I can tell be the comments

RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ONE GAME

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good advice oo. For me D a knee reaction to our D for the last 3-4 years. MU will give us perhaps a more balanced look.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game notes up. No change in 2 deep.
    Interesting MU DL avgs 6’2 249.

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

I just hope that they don’t wait too long to make necessary changes on D . Whether it’s play calling or players. You cannot do the same thing the same way and expect different results. ( Insanity).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.