Monmouth

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Monmouth

This topic contains 61 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Tough break for Luke
    Wish him quick and complete recovery.
    Tough for Dom. Better for team for him to be healthy for PL. Nana and 2 rooks at RB. Wouldnt mind seeing some of Chadbourn, heck he was a 3* coming here :).

marco
    marco
    Participant

The defense is a major embarrassment. Been this way since 2014.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Christiano an incredibly exciting player. I feel really bad for him. Maybe he can get an extra year if his academic plans mix with that.

Sad about Brags, too. Hopefully he’s back at full strength. Gotta keep folks healthy.

Has Monmouth really become a better program than Lehigh’s? I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont know about a better prpgram but certainly much more physical the last couple of years.

van
    van
    Participant

I have been impressed with Monmouth coaching the past few years, seems like they always have a good scheme and well executed

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Probably should note MU is beating all.its PL foes.

marco
    marco
    Participant

Lehigh’s soon to be winningest coach.

Been following Lehigh football for fifty years. Am well aware that Andy Coen is about to become the school’s winningest football coach in its history. That should be a big deal, yet why is it I feel a sense of emptiness when I think of the Coen years?

Maybe it’s because of the extremes during his tenure. Example, Andy has coached four Patriot League champs in 11 years, yet he should have EIGHT! Head to head battles in 2006, 2012, 2013 and 2015 resulted in nothing.

How about the “Either, or” attitude as he builds teams? Either he has a good defense with a week offense (2007, 2008, 2009), or a decent offense and a propensity to allow 45 + points, as has been the recent habit since the Fordham game in 2013.

How about his inability to hire and retain good coordinators?

Yes, sometime soon Coach Coen will have the name etched next to Bill Leckonby, but why do I also see him as being comparable to Mike Cooley?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Disingenuous marco. Lehigh doesnt keep good coordinators because they are good and move on. I woul rather hire excellent young talent knowing that they will eventually move on and up.
    I do get the frustration of the feast or famine cycle with Andy.

marco
    marco
    Participant

“Disingenuous marco.”

Uhhmmm..

Ever since Coach Kotulski left, it has been one big swing and a miss after another as far as DC’s are concerned. He has tried “co-coordinators”, retreads and young guys with no previous experience.

I cannot be the only person sick of seeing teams running on 3rd and long, and then getting first down yardage. Am I alone in being dismayed when everyone gets 200 + yards running at us? Not just the Villanova and New Hampshire types, but the Monmouths of the world.

We will probably be good enough to challenge for a PL title, but outside of the IL and the PL, we are pitiful, and that’s WITH merit scholarships.

Can’t wait until we play Navy.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree on D. His DC choices up to now have not worked out. Think Sutyak can but saddling him with Botts calling games is notthe way to alter D philosophy IMO.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Lehigh’s new mission: Rebuilding the swagger this week to set up Patriot League play.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/rebuilding-swagger-wont-be-easy-but-its.html

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

I think Andy needs to look at bringing in someone from the defensive side of a CAA team. They have a tradition of tougher defenses and personnel. If we had even a mediocre CAA defense we’d be a perennial playoff team. They have the secret sauce that Lehigh is missing and hasn’t seemed to find with home cooking.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont know as if swagger can be found in 1 game but Yale is the place we need to start to build confidence and then swagger.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

What Coordinator would switch from a CAA gig to any PL team? That would a step downward in most eyes. And, I am sure we don’t pay as well. The great majority of the time PL schools are stuck with ‘rising’ assistants from D-II and III programs. We got lucky with Coach K on D and Chick on O and got spoiled. I fully agree that a new perspective is needed on D, but how and where to get it is not easy. What bothers me the most is the absolute horrendous tackling. It was all arms reaching and people leaving their feet too early. What happened to driving one’s shoulder into the runner?

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Sorry to hear about Christiano’s fate. Certainly eligible for a medical redshirt in two years if he wants it. Time for Kelley and the highly touted youngsters to step up at WR. Surprised that Dom’s injury will keep him out for an extended period, but it is more important we have him for the league schedule. Mayes has to start reading the field and stop staying locked in for one receiver. Must have been half a dozen plays were he had wide open secondary receivers and never looked their way. He has a great arm, but that is only half the game. He needs to improve his field vision and have confidence in going to what is there as opposed to forcing a pass into double coverage. This is a huge game coming up and it will pretty much set the tone for the remainder of the season.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.