Monmouth Game

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Monmouth Game

Tagged: 

This topic contains 45 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Poor start.

Defensive giving up the run and offense showing little.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

The only highlight in this dismal display is the punter.
    Play calling is poor, execution awful, time of possession a joke, defense a continuation of previous years, etc. Even the Lehigh announcers are appalled.

Return to Greatness!?!?

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Coach Coen summed things up accurately as to the disaster in process. Lehigh’s QB showed nothing except a tendency to run sideways and get tackled quickly. He could not find open receivers or throw accurately. The play calling was particularly poor – reall epic. Perhaps going with Mayes would be a positive step.
    Wow!

van
    van
    Participant

think Coach was biting his tongue, beat he does not once he gets in locker room

Hawkineer2
    Participant

He did not hold back – basically said that it was an embarrassment.
    Third quarter much better – hopefully the team has woken up.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Too little too late.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well we got that average D we hoped for. O was stunningly terrible in the 1st half. 49 yds?? Completely unprepared to play. OL in particular was a cluster fuck. Andy got them going after half but too little too late. A game we gave away.

Anonymous

bad first half. did not seem like team wanted to be there. i thought lehigh was this wide open offense that can light it up…did not see it. defense hung in there but i think offense needs a tune up. this does not look good for coach. villanova is pretty good and penn is decent. hate to say it but 0-3 is reality unless offense opens up. defense needs tackling practice in the open field. at this level coaches should not be worrying about fundamental tackling but youth football is so poorly taught that kids are making it to d-1 colleges with zero tackling skills. looks like we might of got a couple of them. lets stay positive and turn it around next week. lofty goal but aap st almost beat tenn. you never know!! go lehigh

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Oh I think we will play much better next week. Enuf to win. Dont think so but can hope.
    Cant run any kind of offense without an OL. It has been a very long time since I have seen such a bad offense as today’s 1st half. MU front 7 started at game speed, our OL didn’t get there until the 3rd.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Putting reality aside for a second, only 1 TO and 2 penalties. Mish is a very good punter. D was on the field for about 2/3s of the game. Modtly because O couldn’t stay on the field in the 1st half. Only gave up 23 pts. A minor miracle. Kauffman did yeoman work at ILB as did Caveness.
    OK back to reality. Ugh.

van
    van
    Participant

other than the missed tackles, D was pretty good

Monmouth coaches should get game ball, they had their guys ready to play

ditto Rich’s comment on O line, thought that would be a strength

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

An honest question
    We use the 3-3-5. So we line up with 2 Ss,3 CBs,2 LBs.a Rover and a 3 man Dline. Do our CBs ever go into press coverage or is it always off a 10 yd cushions? Sort of negates the use of 5 DBs. Dont get it.
    Andy was spitting fire at the half. Post game just sounded disappointed.

Anonymous

a 3-3-5 is a coach who is afraid. lets cover everybody for as long as we can and pray!!! lets get is the face of the receivers and ball. lets press the hell out of the wr’s and force there qb to make plays. i dont know. its not like we are going to cover air fouts. lets make there qb think a lil. i dont know. i still say 3-3-5 is run because we cannot man up or we think we cannot man up. i dont know? it did not look like monmouth had any great wr’s. confused? still think the o was not good. think we have better athletes.

Anonymous

shaf not a great thrower

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

That is the point. 3-3-5 is for agressive rush and press coverage. Otherwise its just an umbrella prevent scheme. . It is a high risk reward D. Gonna get burned but also going to cause other guys to make mistakes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.