Morning Call poll: Football and Lehigh Valley

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Morning Call poll: Football and Lehigh Valley

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CHIP72 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-lehigh-valley-sports-survey-20160130-story.html?platform=hootsuite

As for college football allegiances, more than half of polled fans follow Penn State more than any other college football team, though the older the fans, the more likely they are to follow the Nittany Lions. While 6 out of 10 fans age 65 and older follow them, only 3 in 10 fans between the ages of 18 and 29 do.

The Lehigh University and Temple University football teams are each followed by about 1 in 10 fans, behind only Penn State. Thirteen percent also picked Lehigh when asked what college football team they follow the second-most.

I am not disappointed to be behind Penn State in this poll. I am quite thrilled to be right behind them, though. Equally as great is who isn’t mentioned in the poll: Rutgers, Lafayette, and Princeton. That’s a real good result for the Mountain Hawks.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

Great to see Temple make inroads in the Lehigh Valley!! It’s also nice to see that Lehigh is still on the local conscious! Now they just need to entice some of those people to come back to the stadium.

I believe there was a one or two year period, (I want to say ’00/’01) when Lehigh’s radio ratings were better then Penn State in the Lehigh Valley.

CHIP72
    Participant

RE: Lafayette – keep in mind the Morning Call’s readership is concentrated in and near Allentown and Bethlehem, and Muhlenberg is located in Allentown. If the Express-Times conducted the same poll, I suspect Lafayette would show up, and possibly ahead of Lehigh.

On the flip side, it’s awesome to see that Lehigh ranks second behind only Penn State in the Morning Call’s poll. The fact they also rank ahead of Notre Dame, any Big Ten team besides Penn State, and any SEC team is a major positive. (The same holds true for Temple.)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by  CHIP72.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.