Mount St Mary

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Mount St Mary

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by van van 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

still too many turnovers, but shooting lights out and good D, Kempton unstoppable

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Zombie 1st half. Played a dominant 2nd. Eon as we should but mot the way we need. Doc has to find a way to get full game from these guys.

toddcudd
    Participant

TK was a beast, of course. Crap first half again across the board, but saw some stuff I liked. Most importantly – a lineup with TK on the bench – Andree, and Holba handled the paint pretty damn well. Might not work against a big team, but was very solid tonight. Cohen looked solid off the bench again too.
    Still too many TOs – many of which are just bad. How many travels this season so far? And jump-passes for steals?
    I still think KL may turn out to be our best player. Can do everything – 3-ball, goes to the rim effectively, you name it. But he is also one of the TO offenders. That just has to be cleaned up by PL season.

CHIP72
    Participant

I was at the game (and sat right behind Justin Lafleur – I saw some of you “liking” Justin’s in-game tweets). Lehigh was terrible with turnovers in the 1st half when MSM started using a defensive press, but they cleared things up in the 2nd half when they had that pivotal 17-0 run to increase their lead from 49-44 to 66-44 due to cold Mount St. Mary’s shooting and good defensive rebounding by the Mountain Hawks (not many second chance opportunities for the Mountaineers until Lehigh had the game in control). Obviously Tim Kempton was a beast – 31 points and 18 rebounds.

I think Lehigh needs to pay me to attend their games, or at least road games; they are now 2-5 in road games but 2-0 when I’m in attendance. They didn’t play nearly as well as they did against Mississippi State but it was plenty good enough. Hopefully they can get on a winning streak as they play more home games and start playing Patriot League opponents.

toddcudd
    Participant

[quote quote=30011]I think Lehigh needs to pay me to attend their games, or at least road games; they are now 2-5 in road games but 2-0 when I’m in attendance.[/quote]

I’m in for the “Chip’s Greekers and Beer Fund” for the rest of the year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

AP.more aggressive today which is good. His shooting was bad. We need AP to be aggressive on O whether his shot is on or not.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I also attended and agree with everything mentioned so far. It’s nice to get a non-nailbiter win on the road regardless of the quality of the opponent and despite the really silly turnovers.

And on the subject of rebounds, another monster performance by TK, with ample support from Holba, Andree, Leufroy, & Alston. But on the drive back the thought kept coming up; How short in stature will we be next year? Obviously Lieb’s health and actual playing ability at this level are gonna be crucial. Does anyone have any further information on when/if Jack can play? Is this yet another medical red shirt?

Maybe I should just stop worrying and enjoy the TK show while he’s here. Truly has been a treat. Lehigh’s alltime best big guy? I think so.

marco
    marco
    Participant

Agree with Kempton as best big man. By far.

lehigh90
    Participant

Agree, TK will leave Lehigh as best center in history. I believe he is at about 1600 points and has passed Gabe Knutson on scoring list and should catch Dozie Mbonu shortly at just under 1800. IMO, he is the 3rd best player in Lehigh history behind CJM and DQ. I put TK slightly ahead of Polaha and Krizansky.

TMH
    Participant

No argument from on Kempton being the best big man to play for Lehigh but whenever the conversation comes up, people forget Greg Falkenbach. Since freshmen could not play during his era (he was a senior when I was a freshman I believe) and schedules were shorter, he only played 77 games but in that time he averaged a double double with about 12 rebounds/game.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Falkenbach and I were classmates though I did not know him personally. He may have been a little better at rebounding, but not the scoring threat that TK is. Until Kempton, Greg would be a prime candidate for best big man ever.

Johnny Waters is another guy from that era who was a great player. Tremendous shooting guard who is down the career scoring list because freshmen couldn’t play.

van
    van
    Participant

probably should add Bob Fortune to that discussion, another guy with only 3 years

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.