Mt. St. Marys……

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Mt. St. Marys……

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I think of myself as a lifetime fan, and I’m still alive. Therefore, I have to go tonight. Due to the work schedule this is my first live home game, though I did brave bus and subway to take in the Columbia train wreck.

Is it time to say “wait ’til next year”? Already? We’ll find out tonight. Ken Pomeroy’s numbers have us as a five point favorite. Hopefully his unbiased algorithms see something we haven’t seen so far. For some reason, despite the sarcasm, I’m somewhat optimistic for tonight.

Probably not much more than echoes will show up tonight. But if any other forum faithful brave the season’s first truly cold evening, drop by and say hello. I’m the noisy old dude with the dark brown “LEHIGH” sweat shirt among the few fans near the top of the south side blue reserve seats.

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

LU’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2015-16/10%20-%20Lehigh%20vs.%20Mount%20St.%20Mary's%20Notes%20121915.pdf

MSM’s

http://mountathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/files/Lehigh_Notes.pdf

Simply put, MSM has played 10 games. They stand at 3-7. Their three “W’s” came at home and against every PL foe they were scheduled to face. They are 0-7 against the rest of the country. The PL victims – all in recent days (Dec. 1-8) – included AU by 25, Loyola by 17, and Bucknell by 8. We conclude their PL/OOC play tonight – not at home but at Stabler. Ranked by Pomeroy @ 227, with LU coming in at 224 and having face a tougher OOC calendar, it’s no wonder the sport’s statistician’s pick is LU by 5. Wonder if KenPom knows about TK? Don’t bet on it.

With just 12 days to go before Conference play begins and a handful of somewhat meaningless games yet to be played, here’s a look at our record to date complete with a tally of our opponents’ W/L records.

D-1 W/L Record 1-7

Opponents’ W-L Record:
    Purdue 11-0
    Virginia 8-1
    Syracuse 7-3
    Other 5 Teams 22-30

Our KenPom rankings have slipped steadily from a high of 119 entering play on Day 1 to 224 as we prepare to face off against MSM tonight. That said, KenPom still places LU 5th on the totem pole and still forecasts a 9-9 year ahead. Have faith – they say.

lehigh90
    Participant

Up 6 at break. DC with 9 at half off bench. No Tim.

toddcudd
    Participant

Just got home from dinner with the fam. Any news about Tim?

travism
    travism
    Participant

He has a boot on. Heard for precaution. Don’t look good. But after game I yelled to him gear healthy and he smiled and gave thumbs up..

As for game. Anyone who was there. What was up with the in bounding all game. Terrible. Hats. Off to glover and dc. Played well

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hell of a game. Could this be a bench growing right now?

lehigh90
    Participant

Good win. Finally, some others step up. JRG, DC, JG and TJ all key contributions.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doc hyped them after last game. Critical that these guys come through when needed. JRG can help up front. Guess he can shoot from beyond 3ft. :-)

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

You knew this would be different when you saw the starting lineup, though I wasn’t sure if it would be good different or bad different. Then one of the most fun games I’ve been too in a long time.

Super happy to see JRG and TJ play key roles. JRG (6’4″) in particular, played 32 very tough minutes underneath against 6’7″, 6’8″, 6’9″ and 7′ and was the game’s leading rebounder (8). This has to add to their confidence and their minutes going forward. DC hit some key 3’s early. 13 minutes as a sniper may be his best role. KR and AP were terrific as well and didn’t force the action despite TK’s absence. KL generally steady through out. JG solid minutes as well with 3 key offensive rebounds. JC, the enigma, fouled out with 1 rebound in 23 minutes.

As to the difficulties inbounding, they pressed the entire game. High octane game most of the way. And with only seven in the rotation we seemed to gas just a bit midway through the second half. Then got a second wind at the end. All in all a great game to build on for the rest of this very different than expected season.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by jimk72 jimk72.

LU65
    Participant

Truly a team win………….

8 played and 8 scored
    8 played and 8 rebounded
    8 played an average of 25 minutes

JG, late for a team meeting, didn’t start. No problem… message received. He goes 3 of 3 from the field, 3 for 3 from the line and pulls down 3 boards.

DC doesn’t get the start. No problem….message received. He goes 3 for 4 and leads the team in points/minute played.

JRG pulls down 8 boards to match his prior 9-game total of 8. He scores 11. That’s 8 more than he had scored in his prior 9 games combined.

Unselfish play. Only JG and AP fail to dish out an assist. That’s ok. TJ and others made up for it by repeatedly finding the open man, registering 18 assists on 26 made FGs (69.2%). Won’t come up short in many games with numbers like that.

A feel good game if ever there was one.

toddcudd
    Participant

What a strange season. Most depleted game turns into best game so far.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

“feel good”game. Perfect title for this game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.