Navy 2018 now week ZERO

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Navy 2018 now week ZERO

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Haley noted today that Navy game now on 8/25 not 9/15. N playing a 13 game sched.
    Now we open with Navy. Not ecstatic about new date. Damn

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I think it’s bad enough starting on Labor Day, but the weekend before (I guess)?

CHIP72
    Participant

This is good news for me (and possibly Lehigh TU Owl); the game was originally scheduled on the same day as Temple/Maryland in College Park, and the odds were good that the games would overlap or be scheduled at times where people who wanted to attend both would miss part of one of the games. Now, the games will be on different weekends.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well I will bitch and moan but no way will I misd that game :)

TMH
    Participant

My guess is that is the weekend students move back to campus.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Personally, I really like the fact that the Navy game is now “Week Zero” for a lot of reasons. First, it allows me to be able to take my wife and son down to the game much more easily since school won’t have started. Second, a game at Navy before classes will be less of a distraction for the players over the course of the year, before classes get hard. Third, it puts Lehigh more in line with the more powerful FCS teams’ schedules, many of whom play a huge challenge to start the year before playing the games that “count” more for championships. Fourth, the nature of playing Navy means that it’s a unique sort of preparation – with a better chance to pull off an upset, depending on Navy’s returning players.

Matter of fact, I’m struggling to find the downsides.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.