NDSU natl champ

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football NDSU natl champ

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Still tough to take loss to them but a little consolation that we lost to Natl Champ

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

From my vantage point, LU can lay claim to being second or third best team in nation.

Lehigh clearly played NDSU better than Ga. Southern and would have matched up well against them.

As for Sam Houston, LU would have been a good matchup. I think LU would have held their offense to 21 points or less, but SH defense likely would have given LU fits. SH D was better than LU’s D against NDSU, IMHO.

NDSU is an incredibly well-balanced, physical team that’s coached exceptionally well. Congrats!

Sadly, some us will always wonder whether things might have been different with Spadola in the lineup.

Historian
    Participant

NDSU’s front seven on defense dominated its last three opponents. It looked like they had 13 men on defense.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

NDSU a solid team across the board but the front 7 particularly the Dline controlled the playoffs. We can be disappointed with loss to them but not ashamed at all

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Yes, I consider us the #3 team in the country this year. We played NDSU tough and have a much closer game with Spadola, though beating them in that dome was still not likely. It would have been interesting to see on a neutral or at least outdoor venue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.