New Assistant Coach Needed?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball New Assistant Coach Needed?

This topic contains 39 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

LUHoops00
    Participant

Been tweeting at housenick, and he confirms no replacemt yet, genious! Also confirms worst kept secret of new DBO coming soon.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Damn, lousy timing. Fingers crossed for good hire.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’ve been away from the PC for a week, on vacation. But did try to hit up LoRe re: the assistant coach opening – no response. I get the impression that Housenick rarely knows any more than we do; same is probably true with LoRe.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Agreed, why not just let Joe be assistant coach?

Is a DBO allowed to go to summer tourneys and recruit?

Lets get a coach in here ASAP, hate being shorthanded in such a critical time.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Gaitley to the Spurs as video intern, so add another position for reed to fill. note, we are still going through the live redruiting period down a assistant coach as we haven’t hired one still, and guess what, Zero media pressure or reminders that this is happening!!!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

This is maddening. I can’t believe that Lehigh is going to go through all 3 “live” periods in July down an assistant. Every other staff in the country will either be spread out at different events, and/or showing up en masse to show dedication to a certain kid and we have one less body to do either of those things.

I’m not sure who is at fault, Ott left for a better opportunity I presume and it isn’t a great time of year to find an assistant. But this is ridiculous. It is a huge handicap, and self inflicted.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I with you SBum, not sure what others think but thinks pretty insane. How long does it take to find an assistant? Srill dont grt why joe was only dbo and not an assistant?

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

During the time they only had two assistants, one solution would have been to temporarily designate Knight as an assistant. Then he could have gone out on the road in a normal recruiting role once he passed his NCAA certification test. That normally doesn’t take much time.

Has it been confirmed that Knight didn’t temporarily fill that role?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

During the time they only had two assistants, one solution would have been to temporarily designate Knight as an assistant. Then he could have gone out on the road in a normal recruiting role once he passed his NCAA certification test. That normally doesn’t take much time.

This did cross my mind, but I assumed that it was more difficult than that with all the NCAA protocol around recruiting regulations. All we know is that Knight was hired as DBO, but we don’t know for sure that he isn’t recruiting until another assistant is hired. With the lack of competent media coverage, we hardly know anything around here.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

As far as I know, the only two things necessary for him to go on the road would be to temporarily designate him as a coach and for him to pass the NCAA certification test (not difficult).

LUHoops00
    Participant

Welcome Kyle Griffin from the hoop group to the family as he is our new assistant. Good article on him below:

http://articles.mcall.com/2012-01-25/sports/mc-keith-groller-varsity-0125-20120125_1_high-school-basketball-msg-promotions-basketball-community

LUHoops00
    Participant

Obviously Bill is happy!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I ‘ll have to stop calling him Bill’s boy. Should be fun

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Really like this hire. Young, local, connected to the school, and should have a great recruiting network.

TMH
    Participant

SB,
    I’m interested to know why you feel that way. I hope he turns out to be a terrific find however this is what I see right now.
    One year at Central Catholic..gets pulled out and transfers to Germantown Academy. One year at LaSalle, is pulled out and transfers to Siena. Due to knee injuries, spends about 1 full year on the court. About a year out of college, gets the job as Tournament Director at Hoops Group. Stays about a year and is now an assistant coach.
    I don’t see experience or his own personal connections or longegevity for that matter. I’m not sure how much help he will be during this recruiting season but perhaps trial by fire can be good too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.