New OC?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football New OC?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Maybe a rumor but a little birdy told me that Drew Folmar, the current head coach at Kutztown may be the new offensive coordinator.

Miller
    Participant

Read Bio and did some research,and not very impressed. Hope we just are not settling on who might take the spot at a bargain price. Hope to hear good things on visits the next few weekends,but I know much will be determined on the OC spot.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well,I liked his bio. Could be a good fit,if it happens

TMH
    Participant

Miller,
    I might disagree. I have no idea whether the rumor is true or not but I see him as one, who like many in the NFL,is very successful as a coordinator but not necessarily as HC.
    He took over an offense that was less than mediocre and within 2 years had them at or near the top 10 in the nation in both scoring and yards for his entire tenure at OC, breaking records for yds, TDs Passing TDs scoring etc.

http://kubears.com/coaches.aspx?path=&rc=143

Remember where we are in the pecking order. Most people will either be making a horizontal movie or excel at a lower level to come here.

Miller
    Participant

A 13 year coaching career between Div II schools and really not moving up the coaching chain further is a concern. He was still running the O last season, that had a huge drop off from the 2012 year everyone is focusing on.(17 pts and 115 yds/ game). If Folmar is the guy,I hope he is the real deal that just had an off year last season.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Interesting about playing in the Italian Pro League in 2002. I wonder if he’s read “Playing for Pizza” by Grisham. Actually based on a true story of a IAA QB who played over there.
    Based upon what I read, I don’t have a problem with his bio. In fact, being a QB, and having a bunch of young QBs, if he can coach them up on mechanics, etc., all the better. He’s been part of some prolific offenses, so it sounds like he should be imaginative as opposed to the prior OC’s before Cecchini. Need a decision SOON!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree. Tired of rumors. Get the deal done, complete staff and try to recruit what’s left. I look at Pard’s class , presents a daunti.g scene for the mext 3-4 yrs.

lu90
    Participant

Troy Hein just announced Folmar hiring as OC on local Channel 69 news.

TMH
    Participant

I like it. It’s hard to argue against an OC who’s teams averaged about 40 ppg during his time at the helm. Welcome aboard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.