New offer for '17

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball New offer for '17

This topic contains 125 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Is the kid Yahaya, who I guess was a high school teammate of KR, a possibility?

toddcudd
    Participant

Walter Whyte to BU. I wasn’t holding my breath on him – nice offer list, and profile seemed to be rising. I am surprised, however, that it was BU that got him. That’s a pretty big get, I think.
    Gotta give somebody in their athletics or PR their due on their announcement – well played!!

toddcudd
    Participant

[quote quote=28562]Is the kid Yahaya, who I guess was a high school teammate of KR, a possibility?
    [/quote]

No inside info, but probably our best bet of the remaining (few) forwards, based on the KR connection. Also seems to be a bit under the radar.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

A couple of really nice gets for the PL recently. Jimmy Sotos just committed to Bucknell over 20+ other offers including numbers MVC. And BU grabbing Whyte with his 30+ offers (including VCU and St. Joe’s) and top 150 ranking (according to some) speaks for itself.

lehigh90
    Participant

Whyte is huge for BU. Impressive offer list, Half the A-10.

lehigh90
    Participant

Yahaya taking official to Central Arkansas on 10/22. Not sure if this is his first official visit. Holds offer from hometown Arkansas St. and Tulsa. Couple AAU teammates are Ark St commits. Looks like he wants to stay close to home. Lehigh offer looks pretty old. Maybe he sees us beat Arkansas St in Jonesboro early in the season and we can add him. Raw Nigerian kid who hasn’t played a lot of basketball. But, an athlete and could develop into something. Interesting that I see Kroogs on his Twitter feed. Maybe he lost interest, or we lost interest when Kroogs left?

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Verbal Commits has us offering Zach Reichele today, as well as verbaling to Oregon State today?????? Our offer is just a snafu at V.C., right?

lehigh90
    Participant

We offered on 19th. Only problem was he verballed to OSU on 18th. Ha ha. Must be error somewhere. He was choosing between OSU and Cal Irvine.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

The list of known offers still available has gotten very short. Does Doc have a surprise commitment hanging out there? Is there any scuttlebutt at all about another commit for 2017?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

[quote quote=29171]The list of known offers still available has gotten very short. Does Doc have a surprise commitment hanging out there? Is there any scuttlebutt at all about another commit for 2017.
    [/quote]

I don’t have any insider info, but I’m not sure there is another scholarship remaining. I think we have had 12 schollies for most (if not all) of the years since we started finally got 4 classes of scholarship guys. I think it is possible that Devon is either paying his own way, or is an exception to have 13 schollies this season due to medical waiver. The 12/13 question on what Lehigh is funding has never been answered.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Wilson and Bennett are it for 2017, barring defections.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m inclined to guess that we’re probably done for 2017 too, given the silence lately. However, I’m only counting 12 scholarships at the moment, including DC. Unless Jay Jay has been extended a schollie? This also includes Tejada in the schollie count, and I honestly don’t know how the “count” rules work for the mandated year of sitting out.

toddcudd
    Participant

While not a guarantee, I suspect that this official announcement of our 2017 class probably means that we’re done.

Hoops Class of ’17

toddcudd
    Participant

Nice interview (audio) with Caleb Bennett on his LOI signing:

CB interview

TMH
    Participant

Rich mentioned Myles Johnson came for a visit back in August. He had just missed his junior year due to a patella injury. He apparently loved his visit and has just been offered. He’s listed as a *** by ESPN and his only other known offer is from Yale but he wants a school with a big engineering rep. Great article on the young man below.

Myles Johnson: A standout on the court and in the classroom

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/myles-johnson-ca

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just saw his tweet earlier tonight. A great recruit for Lehigh. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.