new question- How many equivalencies do we give?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football new question- How many equivalencies do we give?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gilmore at a HC alumni function noted that HC gave "almost 50" equivalencies. I am very surprised that it is that low. FU we know is high 50s . Gate mid to low 50s. I thought we were about the same also LC. Altho, seem LC cut back perhaps given their small class?? BU somewhere in the high 40′. GU ?

Wonder if we really know the numbers quoted for current aid that have been thrown around in all the scholarship talk.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

It was my understanding we gave approx. 54 "equivalencies" over the past few years.

LUEngineer
    Participant

Time for the Patriot League to adopt 50 merit based equivalent football scholarships and stop playing the need game altogether. Football should be limited to 50 equivalencies from either merit or need with a minimum Academic index required without adjustment for minorities.

Will be a cost reduction while improving the quality of the programs.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

50 scholarships , while perhaps being cost efficient, will I’m positive render the PL even less competitive with the IL and any other schlarship programs we play.Our OOC games would have to be against the Pioneer. Yes,I do incude the IL as a scholarship league for now given their current aid programs for all students. Such a limit would also preclude games against any FBS teams.

colorless-raider
    Participant

I am in total agreement with Rich. 50 scholarships will get us nothing but "L’s" vs outside competition. It is time to stop dallying around and do the full 63 and be done with it.

Wizard
    Participant

I think to get the 63, the coaches are going to have to agree to limit their roster to 80 players.

DFW-HOYA
    Participant

"Wizard" wrote: I think to get the 63, the coaches are going to have to agree to limit their roster to 80 players.

Not necessarily. You could have 50 on full ride, 25 on half ride (62.5 equivalencies) and the rest from non-athletic financial aid.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

"Wizard" wrote: I think to get the 63, the coaches are going to have to agree to limit their roster to 80 players.

Why? There a other financial packages that can be done, plus there are usually are several players who get nothing, but love the game.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

"DFW HOYA" wrote: [quote="Wizard"]I think to get the 63, the coaches are going to have to agree to limit their roster to 80 players.

Not necessarily. You could have 50 on full ride, 25 on half ride (62.5 equivalencies) and the rest from non-athletic financial aid.[/quote]

In most cases a player getting "non-athletic financial aid" still counts towards the limit of 63 IF he was recruited.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Bison,

Any news on Young’s injury, serious?

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

"RichH" wrote: Bison,

Any news on Young’s injury, serious?

Yes, very serious. Got foot caught in the turf in the East-West game. Just had surgery for meniscus tear. Will have surgery to repair torn ACL and torn MCL in a few weeks.

FWIW, the article in the Harrisburg paper says he plans to "redshirt" and play in 2013. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Tough , hope the kid makes good recovery. While I do not look forward to facing him will be interestingto see him and zach go head to head.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Tough , hope the kid makes good recovery. While I do not look forward to facing him will be interestingto see him and zach go head to head.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.