New Recruit-Women's Basketball

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Women’s Basketball New Recruit-Women's Basketball

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 11 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Kari Moffat-PG-Stevenson HS
    Named as a Top 50 player in the Chicago area.
    http://basketball.dailyherald.com/story/?id=462297

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

2 PGs in this class. Sue surely sees same problem, we do. Shame so much frontline talent, no consistent play from Gs.

waydown123
    Participant

It seems to me that Lehigh needs a guard that has steady influence on the team,,

doesn’t turn the ball over too much – since they averaged over 18 a game. also, one

that shoots well when needed and plays tenacious defense…. Wasn’t there anyone in the

PA area that fits that bill…???

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The major issue was lack of a PG. Sue recruited 2 for next yr. Burton a 4 **** PG per ESPN. Dont really know if there was a similar recruit in Pa area bu t we s/b happy with her. Team has a lot of talent but poor ballhandling hurt all yr. Optimistic for next yr. Burton and.Martins will boost program.

waydown123
    Participant

Saw this kid on Villa Maria vs. Beth catholic in state playoffs… She could play…

quick as lightning, drove to the hoop w/ quickness, good passer and played great

defense – must have had about 6 steals…Name began w/ an M ? Not sure where she is

going, but a real player…

TMH
    Participant

Perhaps you are talking about Kalista Walters from Bethlehem Catholic. She is only a sophomore but already scored her 1,000th point. Somebody reported that Sue was at that game but I have no idea who she was scouting.

waydown123
    Participant

No, not Walters. She can certainly score… Took a lot of their shots – sure thats

what the coach wants… Made a couple of 3’s when left open..Missed some too…..

Did a nice job against the smaller, not as good Villa front court….

Walters has size, but a bit slow in my opinion… Apparently, a lot of teams are watching

her.

The Villa guard was very quick… and has a smarter court sense…In fact,

I would have placed her on Walters and I know it would have been a better outcome.

TMH
    Participant

Ahh…you are talking about Lisa Mirarchi, their PG. She recently scored her 1,000th point and to the best of my knowledge has not committed to any college yet. I’m fairly sure we have no more scholarships to give though but I am far from certain on that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.