Nick Shaf…….

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Nick Shaf…….

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

Congrats to Shaf for being invited to FCS Bowl in Miami on Dec 4. Somebody paying attention to the numbers he putting up.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=28754]Congrats to Shaf for being invited to FCS Bowl in Miami on Dec 4. Somebody paying attention to the numbers he putting up.

[/quote]
    +1

buck
    Participant

Damn good football player but if he has any hope of playing in the NFL it will have to be as an athlete. His QB throwing skills are limited. Maybe tight end or linebacker?

toddcudd
    Participant

Read a profile recently where it mentioned that he has his eyes on the CFL. I don’t pay much attention to CFL, but that sounds like a pretty reasonable ambition, to me.
    I hope he surprises some people and gets a shot in an NFL camp.
    Beat Georgetown!!

LehighGuy
    Participant

I think he fits perfectly with a CFL shot. Just the kind of player they use. The FCS bowl uses NFL coaches though, let LU make a run and who knows!

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I was going to comment on Buck’s assessment — “His QB throwing skills are limited. Maybe tight end or linebacker?” — but I thought better of it.

I’ve been to a few CFL games and watch it occasionally on TV and Shaf could fit in there.

I hope we’re still playing Dec. 4.

buck
    Participant

CFL or Arena league are both possibilities. He’s a stud for sure, but QB in the NFL is a reach.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

I’ve been critical of Nick in the past specifically around his deep ball passing and that he was more of a runner.

His passing skills seemed to have improved noticeably with the Princeton game and the Colgate game was his best game in an LU uniform IMO, not just because of the actual passing but because of the decision-making as well. I also think that was the Colgate game represented the first time that he’s secured the W in a “big game”.

I say “hat’s off”. I’ve always stated that he’s a solid player and appears to be an exceptional individual, so I’m happy for him. I’m glad he’s developed further.

van
    van
    Participant

agree with Hawker, seems Nick has developed the accuracy with the long ball, his only “weakness” in my opinion, solid short game thrower, excellent runner, great leadership and now able to put the deep ball on target, can’t expect anything more

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Anyone doubting Shaf’s throwing abilities ought to take a closer look at his TD to Pelletier last Saturday. That was hardly a blind squirrel finding a nut deal – that was an excellent throw to the perfect spot.

I could see an NFL team taking a shot at him in an NFL camp – and from there, who knows?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Gotta find a way to keep him healthy.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Shaf’s improvement is related to his growth in keeping his eyes downfield when scrambling and seeing his open receivers as the secondary reacts to his running. Before, he’d just take off. Now, he pulls up and let’s it rip with great results. His mobility fits much more the the CFL style. Great to even be in the conversation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.