Not to increase the pressure to win NOW

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Not to increase the pressure to win NOW

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by van van 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Realized tonite that this may be our last chance for PL in this run. We return 3 starters on D and 7 on O but no Mike,Ryan or Zach. Decent Lmen on O but none at qb. D ok depth at LB and DBs very little on Dline.
    Dont say we’ll be bad but we would need a whole passle of luck to have enuf difference makers in place to realistically have a solid shot. We have some possibles in Knott, Key BB on O. On D alot of guys at LB and DB. Thought we had some at Dline. Good amt and rep but none on 2 deep. Seems coaches dont feel confident in any of them. No way to say whether that is the DCs or they really arenT good enuf.

Qb could well be Nick. A great talent . Lots of pressure on coaches this off season.

TMH
    Participant

OK, now you have me sufficiently depressed. But on the other hand, you taught me a new word “passel” :-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Roy Rogers Sat mornings.

van
    van
    Participant

Interesting discussion.  Let me add, what if Mike takes a medical 5th year?  I think he would be eligible.  Two good frosh running backs + Sherman and Sodeke.  Paris and Kurfis.  O should be good.  DL is big concern, no size, who is ready to step up?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

You may be right on Mike. Cannot recall when he was injured. I’ll look it up.

O returns enuf cept at qb w/o Mike. Dline major issue. Lots of bodies that apparently coaches ha e no confidence. Surprises me. LB also lots of bodies but a good bit more PT spread around.. Likewise DB have a lot of talent and a fair amount of PT.
    For whatever reason this yr all the rotations substantially minimized. My guess all the close games.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont think he can. Appeared in 7 games in frosh yr.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I think team will continue to compete well in league. After watching him play in the past, few of us board watchers predicted the kind of success Colvin is having this year, especially with an O-line hurt by graduations.

If there’s a good QB, offense should be strong.

Agree with assessments on D.

Certainly competitive, though …

van
    van
    Participant

to me, QB is the only significant ?? for the O next year.  Need to replace some OL, but seems to be quality ready to step in.  Will miss Ryan, but I see a lot of talent in Kurfis and Paris and possibly Knott.  Will miss Haggins, but he has missed at least half the year this year.

On D, the DL is a real concern.  Hope some of this years frosh are ready to step up.  Maybe we can use a schollie to land a monster recruit or two.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.