Note on D

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Note on D

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) BBQ not against rules by teammates. Would possibly be if we did it.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Curious if anyone knows why Bottiglieri has elected to stay with the 3 – 4. If I am not mistaken, when he was the defensive coordinator years ago he ran a 4 – 3.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Botts was a 4-3 guy. Coach K brought in 3-4. My guess is sticking with D as players know it and the vast majority of our talent is in LBs and 2 ndary. We have lots of Dline practically all are DEs. Hopefully Roberts can get a more solid rotation this yr with so and fr classes.Laub should help up front.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Interesting view on 3-4 by Wisconsin DC . Their LBs all much smaller than in prior yrs which is what he wants. Faster more athletic LBs permit him to run more varied blitzes to confuse OL blocking. Caveat is you need to have a strong NG to man the inside.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

With out depth at LB, I am not concerned about their size. Their athleticsm and speed more than makes up for big, slow LBs. With depth, there will be rotation and a lot of fresh bodies. Spoke some with Bott at steak fry and I expect more ‘pressure’ from the secondary. The athleticsm is there, just short on starting experience. We were way too soft in our coverage last year with the opposition QB’s having way too much time. I’m looking for many different looks from the front 7 to create more pressure, which would allow more TO opportunities for the secondary.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Botts aggressive D last time around,dont expect he has changed.Probably will get burned once in a while but agree we will get a lot more TOs.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.