Nova

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No rational basis to say we should but I believe we can. They are more talented overall but the edge is not insurmountable. W would be great. Much more important that we play a good game on both sides of the ball. If we lose to a better team and we play well. Much more optimistic going forward.
    The 1st half beat the crap out of the D. Hard to figure rotations. Roberts did some. Didn’t see any in the back other than R.

lehighfootballfan67
    Participant

LehighGuy…where is the depth question. Same observation here. It appears you go to practices some what regularly and have shared insights before. Curious what your opinion is. Rich referenced over use of Nickle. It appeared to be a no faith in some of the LBs. Seems to favor colt (obviously and was out), Pierce, and Harvey. He had Evan step up but kept Buzkirk off the field in favor of Harvey. D-line seemed to have a better rotation. DBs similar to LBs with no shifting. Will be interesting to see if Evan stays in mix or drops to 2deep and does not see the field like other 2deep. Special teams very saturated with starters. Why get them hurt here?? Strange. Likely not motivating for players either.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Speculating on rationale for nickel D over most of the game. Guess DC willing to concede edge runs to prevent deep passes. I dont understand staying there while nickel is unable to get off the field. Opinion our base D s/b with Harvey at R and Buskirk at OLB. Perhaps Evan but D better served by rotating him inside.
    Nova does not yet have a veteran O like MU gave us. If we dont attack them we can expect no better result than MU. Can we score more points vs Nova?

van
    van
    Participant

so it seems Nova runs a 3-3-5, maybe we will pick up some tips on how to run it

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good catch van. Notice their base is with 2 CBs and 3 Ss. One S nominated as a WS. Guessing he is their R equivalent. They do seem to know how to run it after Pitt.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I think if the players read these forums they have too much time on their hands and have a lack of focus.

It’s not easy being a scholar-athlete at Lehigh — even in the arts school (my pedigree).

If they are reading, here’s a message to them:

Stop reading the headlines and focus on the playbook, studies and having a good time in school.

Living your life is far more effective and fruitful than reading about it.

NJLehighFan
    Participant

So we rename the Lehigh Football Sports Forum the Lehigh Monday Morning Quarterback. No one (players or coaches) should take it personal. Its just a place to work out and express some ideas.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  NJLehighFan.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  NJLehighFan.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said :) Luckily mot people have the one asshole, while assholes tend to have many opinions
    :-)

Anonymous

you konw somebody with more than one asshole????

buck
    Participant

Lehigh needs to establish safe zones for the players to protect them from sites like these.

CHIP72
    Participant

[quote quote=27906]Anyone making the trip to the Main Line to see the game in person?

[/quote]

I had interest in attending, but the Phillies are in DC this weekend and I’m going to the Phillies/Nationals game on Saturday.

Believe me, I would have liked to attend either the Lehigh/Villanova game or the Lehigh/Penn game the following week, but conflicting events got in the way. (I’m attending Temple/Penn State on Saturday 9/17.)

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=27933]you konw somebody with more than one asshole????

[/quote]

Sadly, I can think of a few politicians who have more than one asshole. But that’s a topic for another board.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=27931]So we rename the Lehigh Football Sports Forum the Lehigh Monday Morning Quarterback. No one (players or coaches) should take it personal. Its just a place to work out and express some ideas.

[/quote]

Hence, my screen name … but not trying to be an a——

LehighGuy
    Participant

lehigh67 i think kauffman goes back to bench, sad. after given his first start he comes up huge with 12 tackles. as far as depth, dont know why most of D starters are on all special teams. the 2 deep kids cant run down field and make tackles?? as much as our D struggles to get off the field, you would think it would be a strategy to get them rest when possible. the nickel IS our base D, or montgomery is the starting rover, one of the two, either way its bad. I dont know if its botts or sutyak making these choices with montgomery and fresh safety, they both going to cost us. and BL still playing???? unbelievable, what he does in game he does in practice. after watching big time football this weekend, you mess up a couple times in the game, youre out, next man up. BL has had yrs. hope kauffman sees the field on D, he earned it. put him at OLB and move Harvey to rover LIKE HES LISTED, #17…out

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  LehighGuy.

buck
    Participant

Lehigh wins 29 – 22. If not then it’s 0-2 and Andy’s seat becomes red hot.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.