Nova

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Doc Qb
    Participant

I think with Caslow back in the middle, you put Harvey at a true rover spot on run downs (get KM out), and make Kauffman third backer—Ripanti, Caslow, Kauffman on field at once. That’s better size for run support against a team that may not stretch the field with vertical passing game as I years past down there. You still have two corners and two safeties and a shored up, bigger front six. Your swing guy has to be the rover.

I never learned much college level dline stuff, Hank really beat into us coverage and blitz pick up and recognition as QBs, really never looked at the big hogs rushing us. How hard to go back to a 4-3 assignment wise? I really have no idea. With more DL guys to rotate, couldn’t we go back to that, more beef up front every down? With how teams gash us on the ground, would we be better suited there? Lynn-Mitchell-Cavenas-Johnson front four, oh my…

Looking forward to game and hope we put it together against a CAA foe.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

4-3 to 3-3 individual techniques not much different. Big difference with assignments stunts and blitz packages.. Cant see a switch now. Dont see why we cant run a few 4-3 sets. Use Nace or Kauffman as a DT.with Cavenas.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

DocWatching Louisville tonite. Even tho they are a base 3-4 they play multiple fronts a lot of 4 sets. A hugh pressure D in the e they blitz often. Rely on r front for QB pressure no blitz.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.