Nova predictions

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Nova predictions

This topic contains 27 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 14 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

OK, time to move forward, one hopes. Andy will focus the team , cant make them fasteror more athletic but it will be a better showing if not result then CCSU.

Game films wont help Nova :roll: this week.

Nova 38-22 , we kick lots of fgs and give up lots of yards but respectable showing.Which harkens us back to thedays of looking at good losses as a measure of our program :oops:

808Lehigh
    Participant

Villanova 38
    Lehigh 10

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

It is always said that the biggest improvement occurs from week 1 to week 2. I would buy that if the players on this team would show improvement from year-to-year, yet alone week-to-week.

The score in this game depends entirely on Andy Talley’s mood. If he is still in a good mood after the Temple win, VU 38, LU 7. If not, VU 49, LU 3. Regardless, LUs offense is not going to be able to move the ball against VU. If Clark throws the ball to the wrong colored jerseys this week, they are going to punch it the endzone and not give back like CCSU did.

The sad fact is that even a better, emotional, gritty effort this week may be very hard to notice against a team of Villanova’s caliber.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow , I thought I was down on team. I do think we’ll get some points. Worse case they jump us early and we score on their 2nd team :o

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

"RichH" wrote: Wow , I thought I was down on team. I do think we’ll get some points. Worse case they jump us early and we score on their 2nd team :o

It has nothing to be down with being down on the team which I am. I am actually down on the coaching staff. If they could not prepare for what was a fairly one dimensional attack from CCSU, they have no shot against VU’s multi-faceted attack.

I have seen both Lehigh and Villanova live this year. Villanova has exceptional talent and more importantly team speed on both side of the ball. They also showed great heart and grit against Temple. They kept battling despite being behind the whole game. They also forced 5 turnovers against Temple including 3 INTs. The last INT led to the game winning FG.

I just don’t see a scenario where LU’s offense can stay on the field enough to prevent from VU wearing down the offense. The other key point to note is that Whitney is a much better QB than the one VU used last year. All factors lead to a blowout.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Unfortunately, logically I agree, emotionally I’d like to see the team get some positive action in early this season. Alas not likely. If our talent is what I think it is, the fault does lie with staff. Even Coen in his post game after bemoaning lack of physicality noted the necessity to alter schemes. Altho I liked way they opened up O last yr, I still believe Coen s/b his own OC and demote or fire Brown.

UnansweredQ Why was entireteam so unprepared for opening gameforChrissakes :x

lehigh-50’s
    Participant

We’ve been talking about Brown for three years now. Why can’t Coen see what everybody else sees…Brown should go.

lee-82
    Participant

I say a big shocker 24-21 Lehigh !!,

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

The head says we’ll play a lot better but still lose by 17 or so, like last year. IF VU is looking past us, and why wouldn’t they when they see the film, and we get a few early turnovers that can be cashed in, the good ol’ shocking upset is always possible….I mean it’s why we play the game, right?
    Any word on Troy Taylor…The D is going to need all the bodies it can muster.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Nothing yet, he is still listed on2 deep. I think we will need every body on D to play.
    I’ve started to have the same fantasies about a KO runback and a couple of TOs early then Nova waking up and kicking our butts but the final is respectable.Again it is adark fantasy as we are back to cheering good losses. We should be expecting wins :cry:

lee-82
    Participant

Hey what did that guy say. " I Have a Dream " !!! you just never know

LU65
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, I do believe we’re in for quite a battle on Saturday night but do think we have a chance to make it a game. Sure, Villanova – now ranked 3rd in the nation – beat Temple a week ago. They did it on a last second FG by a RSFR named Yako. This, after trailing by 10 points not once but three times during the game – once as late as halfway through the 4th quarter. Had it not been for recovery of a Temple Owl fumble and the ensuing 59 yard touchdown scamper by Ross Ventrone, a Villanova senior DB, perhaps we wouldn’t be talking in such glowing terms of the mighty team from along the Main Line. Yes, they did beat Temple, a FBS team – a program that Jeff Sagarin (USA Today) now ranks 8th from the bottom on his list of approximately 120 FBS squads. Temple, a team that completed 19 passes for 317 yards and 2 TDs against the prized Villanova Wildcats. Temple, a team that ran on Blue and White whenever they needed to, tallying 139 yards on 30 carries. Temple, a team who kept its quarterback on its feet all night long. Maybe, just maybe the Villanova D could have played better. What do you think? On the other side of the ball, Villanova’s OL didn’t win many battles in the trenches either, as their lead back, Aaron Ball, could only muster 21 yards on 9 carries. All told, the qb/wr/rb rushing totals for Villanova were a not-so-eye-popping 114 yards on 40 carries. To their credit, however, the Wildcats awoke and saved their best for last as QB, Whitney caught fire in the second half and completed 17 of 24 for 293 yards – many to 6’4" Sr. WR Havey – a guy one would can hope has Coen’s undivided attention as he game plans for Saturday night – and walked away with the win. A win is a win, they say but this one was certainly not a convincing one for Wildcats.

Maybe, just maybe there’s reason for hope.

See you at the game. I’ll be the guy dressed in brown half-way up the Villanova stands. Ya see, my best friend (Villanova Class of ’66) offered to buy the tickets. Please, Lord, look out for me and the Mountain Hawks.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

My cousin is a 69 grad . We however will not be sitting with the home crowd. Small consolation, my cousin , great guy, cept for Sat, will be a royal pain if it is a rout

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I imagine Talley will be pretty careful this week leading up to us without saying anything ‘provocative’ that would be bulletin board material. Some think he may take pitty on us in the hope he can renew a contract with us after next year’s last game in the series.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I love the Nova series even tho we have only won once recently. most games competitive . It is an excellent barometer how we stand out in the real world of FCS.
    While we have started out quite poorly, I think Coen will get team headed in right direction for a better year. If not another coach will get the benefit of his recruits next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.