OC Candidates?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football OC Candidates?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

The one thing that makes Keeler interesting is his Lehigh Valley connections as he is originally from Emmaus and starred there before going the UD as a player. But I would be shocked if he were on any ‘list’.

van
    van
    Participant

Keeler an OC? Thought he was a defensive guy?

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Perry is the guy I like a lot but another guy I keep going back to/speculating about is Slippery Rock OC Phil Longo, who recently was the architect of their top-rated D-II offense. He’s had some FCS experience in the midwest (SIU, Youngstown State) and might be a fit.

http://rockathletics.com/news/2012/2/2/FB_0202121950.aspx

Note that he coaches QB and WR. Former head man at LaSalle, too, before they discontinued football.

Jwigglesworth
    Participant

Whats the word on the street? Any updates or new rumors now that its 2014?! Very excited to see who Lehigh brings in.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Zip,nada,nil,nothing …..lotsof speculation.
    Dave C.,Stovall,Miran and Giacolone must be replaced.Pessimistic view ..rats leaving a sinking ship. Pragmatic is turnover is normal and more a sign of success and Andy’s ability to usually choose excellent coaches.

Miller
    Participant

Feeling Santella.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Interesting but why?

Miller
    Participant

Thought Santella would be good fit………but a friend I saw yesterday that had coaching experience at Montreal and Uva said that Faragalli was offered?????? Has known him for years and speaks highly of Faragalli. Can anyone confirm?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  Miller.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I’ll make some calls today. He certainly knows our O.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Apparently true from my source, who was a bit surprised that Mike was interested. His question was whether Andy reached out to Mike with an offer or whether Mike applied for job.If the latter ,he will be our new OC in his opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Mike let go as RB coach at UVa in 2012. Cant find anything as to what he did this past season. Perhaps why he is in the mix.

Miller
    Participant

In order for London to save his job, he fired 4 coaches including Faragalli after the 2012 season. This season UVA finished with a worse record and I have no idea why London still has a job. He inherited that NC team at Richmond, and never understood the love affair UVA has with the man. Faragaali has a very nice resume and experience at many levels.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cavaliers-journal/post/virginia-rb-coach-mike-faragalli-relieved-of-duties-will-not-return-to-football-program/2012/11/28/a55391f4-3918-11e2-b01f-5f55b193f58f_blog.html
    the last 2 quotes sounds like a good match

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

That Richmond run to the FCS championship involved an athletic QB (Eric Ward) and a big back (RB Josh Vaughn) to set up the surprisingly effective passing game. Not out of the realm of possibility to see Yosha and Shaf as that type of 1-2 punch for the Brown and White, but again, it doesn’t seem like the same approach as Dave C.

I like the fact though that he’s a veteran offensive man through and through and his last job was in a BCS-level program. That tells you a lot about the job that it (supposedly) can attract a big name like this.

It would remind me a lot of the Dave Kotulski hire if it happens, and we all know how well that turned out.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Has anyone heard any rumors about potential coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.