Off the Colgate board:

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Off the Colgate board:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  holyloch61 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Sound familiar?

“Colgate’s play calling is terrible and who ever is doing it should be relived of the task. The calls are so predictable it is boring. 1st down, hand off and try a run through the line – stuffed. 2nd down, run to the outside – stopped cold. 3rd down, time to pass, of course the D knows it and it goes nowhere. And, that plan is the same whether it is 1st and 10 or 1st and 20 and whether Colgate is behind by 28 or ahead by 28.”

holyloch61
    Participant

Yes Just like Lehigh play calling . 1st down run up the middle ,2nd down QB up the middle ,3rd down try to pass into 7or8 man pass D .Works every time !!!!

TMH
    Participant

Sound familiar?

I’m not sure if you are referring to the play calling or the whining.
    What intrigues me a bit is the irony. Colgate has had a history of grinding the ball up the middle behind a huge offensive line. Eachus eg would regularly have 25-30 carries a game. They were successful with it.
    Lehigh has had a reputation of throwing the ball a lot with great effectiveness and they were successful with it.
    Colgate hasn’t made the transition yet to match their personnel. In fact, they appear to be struggling to find their identity. They predominately ran against Navy and scored 10 points. They threw 41 times against New Hampshire and scored 8 points. They went back to running the ball against Yale and scored 4 TDs.
    Lehigh on the other hand showed me a nice mix on Saturday, scoring 3 TDs on the ground and 3 in the air. Yardage was similar too. Still we complain :-). It must be the universal language of football fans.:-)

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Agreed, TMH. I thought the play calling was much improved on Saturday. It was also nice to see the ground game with Brisker did not miss a beat. Depth is a blessing. Hopefully Folmar has a good mix prepared for Princeton. This could be a ‘track meet’ game. LC defense was shredded.

holyloch61
    Participant

Sorry I am NOT whining ,but just stating many of the plays were into the middle of the line and some were very slow ,like the play on the 5 yard line on 4th down . Would really like to see more screen plays and some trick plays to try and slow up the D line from just rushing without any worry of being sucked in and have some wide open plays .Do not want to sound like I am whining . Thought Lehigh played a good game .Did not like the 95 yard drive for there 1st TD or the 70 yard TD pass after they ran the same play TWICE on the same guy ,or the almost 50 yard TD pass .Happy we scored enough points to make it an easy win .On to the TIGERS .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.