OOC Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball OOC Schedule

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LU65 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Say what you want about Coach Reed, but never let it be said that he doesn’t give his players a chance to shine against some of the best talent in the nation and under the watchful eye of a national media. The upcoming 2017-18 program will be no different. A highly reliable source informs me that we have dates with three of the nation’s Top 100 programs – actually four you count Bucknell which we will, of course, face at least twice next year. The other three are: UVA, USC, and PITT. I’m betting we’ll also see: Mt. St. Mary’s and Siena at home while taking to the road to face St. Francis (PA) and Marist. Yale at home and Princeton on the road wouldn’t surprise me either – if not in the upcoming campaign then in 2018-19. Stay tuned.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Would love to do the Pitt game over a long weekend. Have not been to Pittsburgh in years and it continues to get glowing reviews.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=31314] A highly reliable source informs me that we have dates with three of the nation’s Top 100 programs – actually four you count Bucknell which we will, of course, face at least twice next year. The other three are: UVA, USC, and PITT.
    [/quote]

Virginia and USC will be good tests. Pitt otoh is unlikely to be even close to the top 100 this year. Will likely be closer to 200. They graduated four starters and also have had six scholarship players transfer out, including their other top player. Also they had two incoming signees defect. Out of their entire 2016-17 roster, they will have two players return – and they didn’t play much this season. LU will have a legitimate chance to beat Pitt.

Pitt has been desperately signing every available HS senior they can find. Also they have brought in Lafayette’s Monty Boykins for next year – on scholarship.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Bison137 Bison137.

LU65
    Participant

Start making your travel plans! USC, PITT, and PRINCETON have announced early season visits by Lehigh. To be exact, the dates are:

11/22: USC
    11/25: PITT
    11/29: PRINCETON

LU65
    Participant

The YALE Bulldogs (18-11 last year and rsnked 151 by KenPom) come to Stabler on Wednesday, Dec. 6th. We will be their only PL opponent this year.

LU65
    Participant

You can addd another one…………..this time it’s Princeton (#58 last year with a 23-7 record). We’ll head over to Jersey to take on the Tigers on Wednesday, November 29th.

LU65
    Participant

And another……..

Off to Loretto, PA on 12/21 to take the
    Red Flash of St. Francis (PA) who will, no doubt, be glad to see us after facing both Duke and Louisville on the road. SFP finished with a .500 record (17-17) last season and ended the campaign ranked #254.

LU65
    Participant

The last one for today (I think).

We travel to Poughkeepsie (NY) on Sat. (11/11) to play the Red Foxes of Marist who finished with a 8-24 record a year ago. It earned them a KenPom rank of 312. Marist will also take on Army and Colgate this year.

LU15
    Participant

Per Tom Fallon- 11/14 Monmouth @Stabler! I’d imagine it’ll be a home and home, with next year’s game there being Andree’s homecoming.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote quote=31663]Per Tom Fallon- 11/14 Monmouth @Stabler! I’d imagine it’ll be a home and home, with next year’s game there being Andree’s homecoming.

[/quote]

Yes, it is definitely a confirmed home-and-home.

LU will basically flip-flop with Bucknell. The Bison are Monmouth’s 2017 home opener, November 10th, and then they will play at Sojka next year.

Monmouth has a tough first few days – November 10th vs Bucknell, November 12th at Seton Hall, and November 14th at Lehigh.

LU65
    Participant

Siena at Lehigh…….Nov. 17th

Three days later, The Saints are off to Lewisburg

toddcudd
    Participant

Have you guys seen Bucky’s OOC? Incredible, best PL OOC I’ve ever seen, easily.

toddcudd
    Participant

LU65
    Participant

How sweet it is……………..UVA just announced what many of us had expected all along: LEHIGH @ vIRGINIA, Saturday, December 2nd

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.