PL Game 3: Loyola

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball PL Game 3: Loyola

This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    travism
    travism
    Participant

That’s a bad loss. Bad loss. Did Tim and Kr get off the bus. Terrible effort. Where is goldy. Talk about decline. And Tyler Jenkins is the last guy I want to see taking last shot. Come on Brett. Have to beat American or we may be in early trouble

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Obviously Ross is fouled out, but not sure how the inbound doesn’t go to Price or Leufroy with under 5 seconds left. Mind blowing.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ugly,very ugly. Good players,playing badly. Pathetic performance.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Yea why price or Kyle didn’t get the ball is beyond me.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Is JG still hurt. Or is it senioritis? He is a neuter on a team that has noone else.
    Inbounds play totally unexplainable.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doc summed it up in his postgame,ineptitude on offense and at the foul line.

LU65
    Participant

Bad Night All Around – but the highlights had to be:

TK – Preseason Player of the Year

10 pts. – season low
    1 Offensive Rebound – season low
    2 of 8 (.250) FT% – season low

KR – thought to be one of the League’s finest PGs

1 Assist – season low
    5 Person Fouls – season high (has had 3 other games with 4)
    29 minutes – second lowest (had 24 vs. Rochester)

Team Play

5 Assists – season low
    5 ORs – 2nd lowest (had 3 vs. Stony Brook)
    15 for 26 FTs (.577) – 2nd lowest rate (was 10 of 20 or .500 vs. AWP)
    16 MFGs – 2nd lowest (had 15 vs. Syracuse)
    3 M3FGs – 2nd lowest (had 2 vs. Syracuse)
    4 Steals – 2nd lowest (had 3 vs. Virginia)

And, finally my pet peeve…………5 Assists/16 Made FGs = .313
    Vs.
    41 Assists/59 Made FGs (previous 2 PL games) = .695

Maybe KenPom knew what he was talking about.

travism
    travism
    Participant

I was very high on goldy past two years. Really talked him up. He looks awful this year. What happened

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

If we can’t win a game with TK on an off night we’re going to finish with 10 wins, tops.

I said the backcourt would need to step up and play well to win and what happens? KR fouls out.

I wish I could say I was surprised but I wasn’t. If this team wants to be taken seriously they need to pick things up as a team and pick each other up. They could have done that yesterday but didn’t.

toddcudd
    Participant

It shouldn’t be any surprise to this board the Goldy had become one of my favorite LU players. Coming into this season, I would have made the argument that given different circumstances he might have evolved into an all-PL player. Last year he started 22/30 games and shot a fantastic .581 from the floor.
    I honestly can’t figure out what has happened. Trying to remove any personal feelings, I think it’s got to be one of two things. Either something went wrong in the off-season – whether that’s an injury, conditioning, commitment, or something else. We heard unconfirmed rumors of a preseason ankle injury. I can only say that he doesn’t look hurt when on the floor.
    The other possibility is that losing the starting spot did him some damage. Maybe that’s an ego/confidence blow, or maybe it’s the inability to get the feel/rhythm that comes with floor time.
    Feels like a chicken-or-egg scenario to me. I would love to know why he is not starting at the 4 this year, but doubt that I ever will. It’s not like the front-line depth changed dramatically. We only lost CB, and he was very limited with injuries last year. And we added no post-players.
    Did staff believe we needed another 3-pt shooter on the floor? With our 2-pt struggles this year, that seems unlikely. Even moreso now that KL has proven to be an effective scorer.
    For what it’s worth – puzzling observations from last night: In the second half, we took a total of two 3 pointers, both by KR. That means none from AP, KL, or JC. Then why not play another paint player?
    I’m really struggling to understand our vision or identity for the offense.

travism
    travism
    Participant

I agree Todd.

lehigh90
    Participant

I can’t think that Goldy is 100% healthy. Good players at this level don’t regress, unless they are battling injury, especially as a senior. He’s given us a lot over his career so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.