PLT Final – HC

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball PLT Final – HC

This topic contains 76 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

LU won’t get invited to any tourney. They don’t deserve it

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

[quote quote=26004]Fucking pathetic. And you guys were so confident. A disgrace by every since of the word.
    [/quote]

Losing a game? One team has to lose.

Though I agree on the overconfidence.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Tough very tough. First half reminded me of us digging a hole then spending the rest of the game digging out but just not enuf. Credit Cross D. We never solved it. Too many TOs. Still and all we had plenty of shots in the last minute and missed them all. An unexpected choke.

lehigh90
    Participant

I’m sick

travism
    travism
    Participant

Clueless again for like the 4th time this year agaisnst the 1 3 1. Clueless. This is a bad loss. Maybe we should have been more prepared. And not have come out flat in first half

lehigh90
    Participant

How do you let the opposing center step out and make 6 threes on you?

travism
    travism
    Participant

I bet anyone that kid never got close to what he did tonight

toddcudd
    Participant

He’s their best 3pt-shooter. Doesn’t make it feel any better, but it’s true. I can’t complain about D much. They’re a really weird team to match up with, and we didn’t give up that many points.
    Painful to watch the first-half O, though. We saw that before, early in season. Simply didn’t look like we knew what to do. Passed around perimeter, and even looked shaky doing that. Some nerves, I’m sure. But there’s just no way to explain away a 14-point half.
    Not gonna have much more to say for a while.

LehighGuy
    Participant

This loss n 150 is very bad for LU. Talking about choking on your biggest stages. And people wonder why attendance is low n bball n football. This should of been a gimme for LU. I’m so disgusted right now. TK has a pro career ahead of him. To bad he didnt b have enough help…..sad

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doc had best be able to teach this team how to attack a 1-3-1. He has a year but Carmody is not changing his D. Hasek is a 3 pt shooter yet we seemed unaware of that. The first hals was a carbon copy of so many of our earlier games. Absolutely no excuse for that. None!
    On paper, we should be the favorite next year. We’ll see.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Super tough. Feel bad for Tim who was an absolute monster tonight and throughout the tournament. The backcourt struggled knocking down shots and handling the zone.

Going to be a looong offseason for these guys after losing the PLC in Stabler. Have a lot coming back next year (again). Hopefully a better start and a better finish next year. Imagine there will be a pretty sizeable chip on their shoulder.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Yeah Todd I agree. I’m speechless. This loss sucks. I feel for Timmy. I don’t want to just ramble so I’m not going to say much. I am very disappointed. And upset. So I’ll leave on a positive note. Thank you to the students for coming out. To bad we can’t see that more often. Everyone on here stay in touch. I’ll deff be on here a lot. Just want to close out tonight and not just post a rant of how mad this loss makes me ha. Good night boys. Talk tomorrow.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree SB. Best hope is that this loss will tougthevret returning players to pressure. Tough to go to next season knowing you lost the championship game more than they won it. 0 for 4 in the last 20 seconds smh.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Very disappointed but not disgusted. We missed peep after peep in the first half and then missed open threes in the end. The effort was there, but it just wasn’t to be. Post game Reed was still in the locker room so coach Tony W. did the post game. “We practiced against it all week and somehow we still came out flat.” Regarding Cross’s incredible distance 3 balls: “We let them get comfortable early and they got in a rhythm.”

So that’s that for 15-16′. Nothing could make you work harder in the off season than loosing a game like this. One better shot. One less turnover. One more hour shooting practice. Every day. Nobody feels worst than the team.

On a positive note, tremendous raucous home crowd. 4,587 paid and in attendance. Louder than you can imagine, unless you were there. Keep winning next year and they’ll be back. And it can’t hurt recruiting.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Holy Cross got hot at the right time, played a championship game, and won. Hats off to them. It was a war, and they won.

I also felt that the officiating was excruciating. Two of TK’s fouls were on a phantom illegal screen and one, if not more, horrible charge calls. Meanwhile, Holy Cross’ big man is allowed to pretty much have his way underneath and nothing gets called. I felt like the officials did an excellent job playing defense on TK, and he still ended up with more than 20 points.

Yet that’s not what lost the game. With all that, we had four looks at the basket to tie the game. I am completely gutted.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.