Polls

This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Two things:

1) While we get hepped up about the CAA, the Southern Conference quietly has four teams that may place a claim on a playoff bid.

http://www.soconsports.com/standings/Standings.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4000&SPID=1781&SPSID=34747

2) FYI this good video recap on the season from LU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYh72-4MZg

LU15
    Participant

[quote quote=29324]Not sure I understand. Out of Villanova, Lehigh, St. Francis, which one is closest to either NH or Maine?
    Villanova and Lehigh are pretty much equi-distant to Loretto.

Both Main and NH generally draw between 4,600-5,000 fans. I agree, I think we can get a home game if we seriously want it and Pres. Simon has indicated that he does. Cross our fingers.

[/quote]

TMH, when did he say this?

richb-1
    Participant

Do we really want a first round game?? Going back to 1973, we are 6-2 in first round road games. !-3 in home first round games. The win was because the Hofstra coach really pissed of the football guides (HU 7 point lead, 1:30 to go, they had ball 1st on our 15, and called a pitchout) Of Course the losses to EKU and JMU were among the worst screw I have ever seen.

OK we really don’t want to go to Maine or NH for Nov 26 game. (actually Villanova is actually closer to Me or NH, they would probably fly into Philly, not ABE.)

I would not mind a trip to Loretto, not much farther than Bethlehem for me

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Up to #17/19 this week.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

OK we really don’t want to go to Maine or NH for Nov 26 game. (actually Villanova is actually closer to Me or NH, they would probably fly into Philly, not ABE.)

This is a very underrated point. if the committee isn’t beyond a CAA rematch, they could match up Villanova and Maine thanks to that proximity to Philly Airport, which might open up a home game against Albany or St. Francis (PA). Another thought I had is, if Maine is in the field, they could pretty much fly them anywhere. Orono to Philly isn’t that different than, say, Orono to Charleston. That’s why scoreboard watching that UNH/Maine game might be worthwhile.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.