Possible 2-Deep

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Possible 2-Deep

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

DT Winnett jr Knapp so

NG Benning jr Brown jr

DE Connare so Dokouslis so

LB Brickner sr Flizack jr

LB Pierce sr Groome so

LB Cohen sr Mihal so

LB Taylor sr Showunmi sr

db Cribbs jr Eldemire jr

db Kennedy jr Newton so

S Veniero jr Ajewole sr

S Sanchez sr Carrie so

TE Wojdowski jr Wickware so

SE Gordon so Soeprasetyo so/ Drwal so

wr Zurn jr Flynn fr/ Artim so

Qb Clarke jr Lum so

FB Fossati sr Arruda so

RB Walker jr Campbell jr/ Barket fr

OL McNamara jr McKenna so

OL Reich so Clerge jr

OL Schauder jr Liebler so

OL Harden sr Pelligrino so

OL Rackley jr Giacalone sr

D solid at every position Ray and Lasher ?? but Bianchi can also step up and Brown ,de, solid,dbs will improve. Heck, Cribbs could be 2nd string

O wr very good better speedbut no real deep threat yet, Jefferson and Soep greta hgt

qb s/ b better

rb if Walker can last will be good , not much speed Campbell has some wiggle Kablan may be only rb able to run a sweep otherwise it will be the wr’s again

fb both solid not another one on the roster

OL again s/b Ok, may hinge on whether Clerge can step up take his spot and keep it this time. Good mix of experience and newbies. Transfer s/b interesting .

TE Woj, Wickware and Holmes should solidify spot

carney2
    Participant

Would love to save this and compare to mid-November.

For instance, can Clarke hold off Lum for that long?

Some questions for you Lehigh loyalists:

Is DB Sanchez the same guy who battled it out for the QB spot a year or so ago?

How committed is Coen to the 3-4 defensive alignment?

How confident are you in OL depth?

Lehigh74
    Participant

The first thing to note is that Benning is a Senior. Carney you are correct about Sanchez. He started out as a quarterback and was converted to DB. When Coen hired kotulski as the defensive coordinator he said that as an offensive coach he always had trouble with a 3 – 4 alignment. So, at least as long as Kotulski is the defensive coordinator, I would say that Lehigh will stay with the 3 -4. With regard to the offensive line, my sense is that this is as talented a group as Lehigh has had in a long time. Rackley (now a Junior) has been a starter since he was a freshman and may be the best lineman in the league.

van
    van
    Participant

Rich, your 2 deep looks pretty good.

A few alternate ideas,

Matt Fitz may be able to step up and make a good back up/relief for Walker. Need to see more of him.

I’ve always thought that Flizack might be able to fill a DE spot if he puts on a few more pounds, will be interested to see Fall weights.

Should be good competition on the O line for starting spots. Lot of turnover there, but good talent in the pipeline. If rumors of transfer are true …. hmmm

Agree with your comment about Cribbs given reports about Colin Newton. Maybe we have the skills to shut down HC with a 5 DB blanket.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

If we want to shut down HC I think the DCwill use the 8 or 9 db umbrella D :roll:

Fitz, Walker, Barket are north -south runners , my preference is for a scatback also. We have no breakaway speed, Campbell a solid kid with some wiggle with average speed. Klaban supposed to be very fast.

If we ran a 4-3 D Flizack would be ideal DE, as it is that position is akin to a De in certain sets.

I dont think with Coach K that there will be any change from3-4. He runs it well.

Even tho this is our smallest roster in many years at 93 , our depth of talent is better than it has been in 4-5 yrs.

Lum is a spectacular problem for this squad, he does everything well, quick, strong arm , I would be surprised if he didn’t get significant time. Replace Clarke, :?:

OL , I agree that thisline bestwe’ve had in a while. Soph group excellent wouldnot be surprised to see Reich take a G slot, Pelligrini and liebler also. 9 LM that can start with no loss in quality

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.