Potential PL Fantasy Basketball Game

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Potential PL Fantasy Basketball Game

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aueaglefan 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aueaglefan
    Participant

Hi all,

My name is Josh Paunil and I’m a rising junior at American. I’m the editor-in-chief of The American Word, an AU student magazine, and I’m thinking of creating a Patriot League fantasy basketball game on our site. Some computer programmers I know who play fantasy sports say it’s very doable on the tech side to make this work, so I just wanted to see if anyone would actually play and if there’s any interest.

It’d be very similar to ESPN Fantasy Basketball (or I guess any other site that runs a fantasy basketball game). Right now, I’m thinking we’d have four leagues of ten teams each (or more/less leagues depending on how many people are interested) where six players are on the team (along with two IR spots in case your players get injured). The pool of players to draft from would be all ten Patriot League teams.

The scoring system would be similar to ESPN Standard Scoring in the sense that you get 1 point per point, rebound, assist, block, steal, etc. and lose a point for a turnover. Double-doubles would get bonus points and each match-up would last 1 week so you’d play almost everyone twice.

All of this is flexible, which is why I wanted to get feedback. For example, the number of players on a team can be changed. Again, I also wanted to see if anyone would be interested in playing so if you think you’d play, let me know and if you think this is a terrible idea, let me know that too. You’d have to be a “member” of the site but that just means when you get to the fantasy basketball page, you’d create an account (a very easy process) with your name, email address, team name, team logo, etc. and then log-in by entering your team name and password. I also contacted the Patriot League to see if there’d be any NCAA rules violated or any concerns like that, but they said it wouldn’t be a problem at all.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

You could probably count me in for this sort of thing. Any way we will see a National Recruiting Spotlight “Top 5 (or 10) Patriot League Newcomers” list?

aueaglefan
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. And we’ll likely have stuff on freshmen for the game in October (like who’s worth drafting, maybe ranking the top five, etc.). Also, could you email me at amwordmagazine@gmail.com just saying you may be interested? Want to begin compiling a list.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by  aueaglefan.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.