Pre-Season Hoops Predictions

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Pre-Season Hoops Predictions

This topic contains 73 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 9 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Your guess is as good as mine, pafan. I’ve only been able to find singles on PPL’s site. I think the only hope for more or better tickets is if ‘nova returns some of their allotment. I called the PPL center a week or so ago, and the guy I spoke to knew nothing about if or when they’d get tickets back. You might want to call, to see if you have better luck.
    I’ve seen no update about LU’s (small) allotment, but I’m gathering that they went quickly to the high-priority folks.

pafan11
    Participant

Thanks, Todd I guess I will call the center.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Note to pafan, got my tickets the first hour they went on sale at PPL Center webiste. But I have friends at work from the Bethlehem-Easton area who are big Hilliard fans and want to go badly. I knew the PPL Center tickets were pretty well gone as mentioned above, so I called Villanova to see what’s up there, on their behalf. Their home court, The Pavillion (6,500 seats), is sold out to season ticket holders with a ridiculous waiting list. They said the Allentown tickets were part of the season ticket package. So it seems the only way they get back in circulation is through Stub Hub and the like. I checked there and they start at $30. My guess is that will come down as the game gets closer. You might get lucky at the the arena, pardon the expression. But if I wanted tickets now I’d do Stub Hub even though I hate the concept.

pafan11
    Participant

Thanks jim72!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Informative article in Call this AM. Per Doc, an up tempo O with KR starting and a nine man rotation. Noted BA and MS on top of the rotation. Gonna be fun.

LU65
    Participant

If we’re still forecasting our record, I’ll go with an overall mark of 16 and 12 and a 4th place finish in a tightly packed PL @ 11 & 7. And, that’s with a season-ending win up in Hamilton on Saturday, Feb. 28th.

toddcudd
    Participant

Been hesitant to share this one. CoBL did a best-case/worst-case article for the teams they follow, including us. I don’t think there’s anything unfair here; in “worst-case”, they include injuries in their projections for some of the teams, so it’s “no holds barred”. But I have to admit, the last sentence of our “worst-case” made me a bit sick, physically.

Best Case/Worst Case

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Aw shit. Could’ve gone into season without reading that.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Figure Doc will have this team ready by PL sched.
    17-12. Lots of ifs. Too 3 AP finding his shot,KR settles in at PG,BA lights it up off the bench.

toddcudd
    Participant

Man, I am a world-class homer. We are just not very good. Blinded by hope, I guess. Turns out that those guys who write for hoops sites know something.

LU65
    Participant

It’s always fun to look back on the season and pay tribute to those who guessed right – or nearly so – when making their pre-season predictions.
    Those who did not include:

NBC Sports (8th place finish)
    KenPom (9-9 and 8th place finish)
    PL Pre-season Poll (7th place finish)
    and
    certain Board members whose names are being withheld who said:
    “7th or 8th in the league is a far assessment”
    or
    “ I see 21 wins”

However, here’s a salute to those who came the closest to nailing the Official Finish of 15-13 (10-8):

RichH: 16-12 overall and a 4th place finish
    LU65: 16-12 overall and 11-7 and a 4th place finish
    and
    StablerBum : 16 or 17 wins and a Top 4 finish

toddcudd
    Participant

Big props to Rich, 65, and SBum!! And I will proudly wear my Chief Homer badge!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I would much rather you had been on the mark todd :)

toddcudd
    Participant

Had time to come back and revisit this thread. We asked for projections on who would show biggest gains in PPG, FG%, and RBs/Game. Here are the results:

PPG: AP with a difference of +3.0. From 8.4/game to 11.4/game.
    2nd place: JG at +2.5, from 5.0 to 7.5.

FG%: Also AP, with a gain of .059; from .374 to .433.
    2nd place: JC at .054, from .378 to .432

RPG: JG, at +2.9. From 2.9 to 5.8.
    2nd place: TK at +1.6, from 7.1 to 8.7

Note: I only included regular rotation players, and new players didn’t qualify with no stats from last year. Full source below, for any other numbers junkies:

Year over Year Change

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.