Princeton – expectations?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Princeton – expectations?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

808Lehigh
    Participant

Anyone out there want to venture a guess on how the team responds to the Princeton game? Score?

lee-82
    Participant

38 17 Lehigh

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

I’ll wait and see how Princeton does against Kevin and crew this week before venturing prediction. However, while technically not a must win, psychologically it is. This teams fragile confidence will not recover from an 0-3 start.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Princeton has some talent but no qb and a bit small. Higgins teams also a bit ltd but s/b faster. Citadel should win solidly if not a rout.

Key for us is whether Andy can build on improvements vs Nova. Game speed vs schollie schools is faster. Could seethat team was acclimating to game speed vs Nova. Too bad you cant do so with foot speed. ;) Andy needs to keep that edge for Princeton. It is a mustwin game.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I agree about waiting to see how the Tigers do against Kevin and Company. But I do agree that the game is has huge implications for the balance of the season, especially with Harvard on the Horizon. This team needs to make a statement that they are ‘good’, and if they can’t put on a good show against a middle of the road Ivy team, then there will be a lot of questioning. With Walker out, I’d also like to see Kablan get a shot. He showed some very nice running ability in the August scrimmage. I don’t see Campbell as being the full time RB. He runs hard, though.
    Defense did show some promise with their goal line stand at VU. They could have tanked early after that 75 yard run. Still the lack of speed was the main killer. We have gotten KILLED on the corners, now, two games in a row. No one has really run on us between the tackles, but we look like we’re running in quicksand on the corners as well as not getting across and forcing the run inside.
    The bye could not have come at a better time. With two weeks to get ready, healed and refocused, there had better be a good performance on September 26.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I think we are getting Winnett back and maybe Pierce With a healthy brickner and Cohen being able to concentrate on his corner , D s/b better on edges but broken plays and cutbacks are an issue as our D storms the ball.Not going to see speedlike last 2 wks again this season. Harvard reputed to be very good. I dont see them as being that awesome but a very close game. Another team looking for a qb.

last yr we applauded improvement of team over last 1/2 of season. I wonder now whether it was lowerlevel of competition in PL that helped us along

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

"RichH" wrote: I think we are getting Winnett back and maybe Pierce With a healthy brickner and Cohen being able to concentrate on his corner , D s/b better on edges but broken plays and cutbacks are an issue as our D storms the ball.Not going to see speedlike last 2 wks again this season. Harvard reputed to be very good. I dont see them as being that awesome but a very close game. Another team looking for a qb.

last yr we applauded improvement of team over last 1/2 of season. I wonder now whether it was lowerlevel of competition in PL that helped us along

Good point. As stated on the other thread, we can certainly compete for the PL Championship. And that is goal #1.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.