Prospectus up

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Prospectus up

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Reisig is Rover coach. Raises question as to our basic scheme . Run both 3-3-5 and 4-2?
    Looks like Marino has Hawkison inked in at G and Wagner at 2 behind Short. Looking forward to seeing how Brisson uses Raye and Chadbourn.

LU15
    Participant

Wasn’t Woetzel recruited specially to be a Rover?

van
    van
    Participant

In 4-2-5, one of 5 is Rover I guess

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. We may run both. B&W game may give us a clue.

LehighGuy
    Participant

The Redmond kid looks very quick n shifty. Hope they use him. LB is biggest question mark. Big shoes to fill. Wr set. Oline set. D biggest question. Still not sold on our slow safeties

just a fan
    Participant

i would like to see Q back at safety again, thats the speed that would allow the DB’s to be more aggressive at the line and not play so soft

Guardian14
    Participant

In a 4-2-5 we are going to need to drop a safety into the box on a more regular basis. Q, while fast, is not big enough. Our current safeties are both listed over 200 lbs. That is very good size. I like Harris and Q at corner. I also was impressed with 18 last year. I think our corners are in good shape for the next couple years. With Geis, O’Neil, and McClosky on the field you have a ton of options. They are almost interchangeable. Everyone assumes our safeties are slow…does anyone actually know that? Very few safeties run 4.3’s anymore. Most are in the 4.5-4.6 range. I have to assume we are at least in that range.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Would not be surprised if Sutyak runs 4-2 and 3-3 .
    Cant speak to ONeal but Geis and McCloskey are both 4.5- 4.6 guys which is fast. We still list Rovers so we’ll see.
    4-2 has a number of advantages. That it needs fewer LBs likely a big one right now.
    The scheme is vulnerable to screens and flares as well as medium mid routes.
    Puts a lot of pressure on LBs who s/b athletic and fast enuf to cover and strong enuf to stop inside runs.

van
    van
    Participant

think the DL could be pretty impressive this year, anxious to see some of the young guys that didn’t get much field time last year

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andy seems very impressed with DL. Sutyak rotating a lot on D with various D sets.

just a fan
    Participant

doubt 4.5 but fast for the our league, BCS safeties at the NFL combine barely running a 4.5 LASER, if they were a legit 4.5 they wouldnt be at Lehigh nevertheless they are good players and i will certainly take them i just think it limits us up front when you have to play zone 75% of the game makes us passive and not aggressive, doubt if Q and Harris both start unless 1 goes to safety remember Harris was Q backup and they play the same side for a reason….
    I see Back 2 Back in any situation

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont see Sutyak being a passive DC. He has been experimenting with a lot of various sets on D this Spring. Saturday will not be live, guess we wait til August camp to see how he will run D.

van
    van
    Participant

wow, no live coverage of spring game, what gives

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Should be a video recap. Dont know if they will stream.
    By live I meant no tackling. Full pads but more a fancy walk thru.

just a fan
    Participant

We went live with 40 players now we got numbers and no hitting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.