Push has come to shove Campus visit weekend

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Push has come to shove Campus visit weekend

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Football Fan 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont know. I’ll check again. Certainly, possible I missed it.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

BTW, today quiet period ended,putting coaches back out on the road. This weekend will be the first big campus weekend for coaches. Unclear whether it is for us. And what coaches do we have?
    Admit used to Andy’s late approach to this process but this year there is too much uncertainty.

Football Fan
    Participant

Rich,
    Do you have a list of who is visiting this weekend?

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Have to admit I am getting a tad bit nervous right now with no announcement on OC or DC combined with the ‘final push’ coming up in recruiting.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sorry guys. McCain and a QB from Ct ( a PWO, probably) are only 2 IDed.. There a few others ,including some of our commits. My friend did say this was an accomadation for those w other visits in the next few weeks. Dont expect much. Twitter very quiet also.
    n , I passed nervous on Wed. now anxious. While not as crucial as at SEC schools, position coaches are important in recruiting. OC and DC quite important. We have neither. Another week, I will write off this recruit class and figure we’ll have more schollies for next yr.

toddcudd
    Participant

Rich – your gut feel on this OC/DC thing: are we not able to offer an enticing enough package? Compared to our our AA competitors?
    Yes, i still use AA. Feels more honest to me, for some reason…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LU is a stepping stone for most coaches and historically a very good one.Our slary levels are not as good as CAA et al but I doubt that is the major factor in the length of time its taking to fill our staff. For OC and DC slots there has been a flood of applicants as with the asst coach slots.The majority of our coaches have always come from smaller programs,just look at the bios of this staff. Secondly,Andy said he as going to probably await the convention,which just ended on Wed, to fill slots. Rumor is 1st choice at OC deal could not be finalized. On to the next in line.
    Andy must realize that his pick for OC is crucial not only for LU success but also for his career at LU.

Checking in daily on footballscoop,it is clear that we are not alone in hiring new staff. For us tho,it is novel to have to replace so many coaches w HC till in place. In fact,other than AD hiring new HC,I dont ever recall LU having to replace so many.
    Of course none of these reasonable factors help in the least to alleviate my nervws :)

Football Fan
    Participant

Rich – any news on any Commitments from the visits this weekend…Hobbie? others?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Twitter quiet. A bit early for college kids after a Sat.night :)
    Matt Verdon was one of the hosts. His part of visits seemed to have gone well. We’ll see what the afternoon reveals.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LOL 10 seconds later Justin Gille committed. I’ll put up his info in a few minutes

Football Fan
    Participant

Were most of the 1-on-1 meetings with Andy yesterday or today?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yesterday. May have more today .

Football Fan
    Participant

Rich – any word on how Hobbie’s visit went and where the discussions landed?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.