QBs for Colgate

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football QBs for Colgate

This topic contains 97 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=28586]Thought they might of used #17 at corner since he has game experience and put someone else at nickel. A tall order for 12 who has little game experience at corner. They will go after him, hope he’s up for the task.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, move 17 to corner and maybe somebody with more size to play the slot

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Forgot to note Howard is back for ST. Unit shaky without him.

Anonymous

NOT GOING TO ARGUE WHOS SLOW OR NOT BUT I KNOW SHAF CAN RUN. SHAF WILL START AND PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME…PERIOD!!!! ONLY IF HE GETS HURT WILL COEN PLAY ANYBODY ELSE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!! SHAF HAS PLAYED WELL AND THERES NO REASON EXCEPT FOR INJURY TO PLAY ANYBODY ELSE. ON ANOTHER NOTE, IF LEHIGH LOSES THEY ARE ONLY PLAYING FOR PRIDE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. TOUGH WAY TO PLAY THE REST OF THE WAY. GO LEHIGH. D1 COACHES PROTECT THERE JOB FIRST.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote quote=28590] ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!! SHAF HAS PLAYED WELL AND THERES NO REASON EXCEPT FOR INJURY TO PLAY ANYBODY ELSE.

[/quote]

SHOCKING THAT YOU DON’T THINK THERE COULD BE “NO REASON EXCEPT FOR INJURY TO PLAY ANYBODY ELSE.”

JUST A SHORT LIST:

KEEP THE OTHER TEAM GUESSING
    UTILIZE THE PASSING STRENGTHS OF MAYES VIS-A-VIS SHAF
    PRESENT THE OFFENSE WITH A CHANGE OF PACE
    KEEP SHAF FRESH

IT LIKELY WON’T MATTER AS YOU STATE, BUT THERE ARE CERTAINLY REASONS TO USE BOTH QBS.

TMH
    Participant

KEEP THE OTHER TEAM GUESSING

Just thinking out loud. By not announcing your starter, I think that concept is true. If you bring Mayes in for a set of downs or two, it seems like the guess work stops. It is pretty safe to assume that Brad will not run nor will he hand the ball off. He will be in there for one reason. Just a thought.

Anonymous

AT THIS LEVEL THESE TEAMS CANNOT HIDE CARDS. WHO ARE WE FOOLING. COLGATE RUNS THE BALL ON OFFENSE 80 PERCENT OF THE TIME. COLGATES DEFENSE IS EXTREMELY WEAK IN THE SECONDARY. LEHIGH HAS A BALANCED OFFENSE WITH RUNNING AND THROWING. IF MAYES COMES IN EVERYBODY KNOWS WE ARE THROWING. DROP 7 AND BLITZ ONCE IN AWHILE AND MAYES WILL STRUGGLE. WE ALL KNOW OUR DEFENSE ONLY STARTS PLAYING IN THE SECOND HALF. HOPEFULLY WE CAN SCORE EQUAL WITH COLGATE THROUGH THE HALF AND THEN WIN THE 3 AND 4 QTR. LEHIGH HAS STRUGGLED WITH RUNNING QBS AND I FEAR THIS TIME WE ARE IN TROUBLE. MY ONLY HOPE IS IF WE PUT A GREAT TACKLING SPY ON COLGATES QB TO SHUT HIM DOWN. STILL THINK WE LOSE A CLOSE ONE BECAUSE OF SPECIAL TEAMS…HOPE IM WRONG

LehighGuy
    Participant

i think you summed it up game on. not worried about special teams besides the punt team, to many starters out there that i think are tired. put fresh bodies out there. the running QB will kill us. penn shouldve never stopped running theirs. i think we drop a close one as well, and everybody will be back to dogging the D like they should, hope im wrong as well. GREAT TACKLING spy??? now thats funny.

TMH
    Participant

GREAT TACKLING spy??? now thats funny.

You don’t think Caslow falls into that category?

LehighGuy
    Participant

I don’t think u can use caslow as a spy. To important to the D to just have him worrying about the qb. I was thinking more of a db, and we know they struggle to tackle. Caslow is definately capable. He along with 90 are the best players on the D. 4 is starting to show up as well.

van
    van
    Participant

know you don’t like him, but I think you need to add #26 to that list, he is playing very well

toddcudd
    Participant

“Spy” is often what a rover is used for, isn’t it?

LehighGuy
    Participant

No so fast van. He really hasn’t been tested, none of th corners really. He did basically have 2 picks vs yale, but it was yale 3rd string qb.They will be tested this week, we shall see. I think 4 could spy the qb, I like him. Put 42 in.

Anonymous

NO, WE ARE GETTING TECHNICAL. A ROVER WILL USUALLY END UP ON THE SIDE OF THE BALL WHERE THE NUMBERS ON OFFENSE ARE BIGGER. HE WILL BE ABLE TO COVER IN CASE THEY THROW AND BE ABLE TO DEFEND THE RUN AS WELL. A SPY SIMPLY FLOWS WITH THE QB. IT IS USUALLY THE SAFETY OR A MLB THAT CAN RUN. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN THE TYPE OF SCHEME THE DEFENSE RUNS FOR THE ASSIGNMENTS FOR A ROVER VERSE A SPY. IT GETS CONFUSING AND I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DEEP INTO IT. IF WE SHUT DOWN COLGATES QB FROM RUNNING THE BALL WE WILL WIN BY 2 TDS. ITS JUST NOT THAT EASY. YOUR SPY REALLY HAS TO UNDERSTAND TENDENCIES FROM THE OFFENSE AND HE REALLY NEEDS TO STUDY HIS OPPONENT. SIDELINE COACHES USUALLY WILL YELL ALOT WHEN USING A SPY BECAUSE THEY ARE LOOKING AT THE OFFENSE AND TRYING TO ADJUST THE SPY JUST BEFORE THE PLAY. WE HAVE TO TAKE THE QB OUT ON THE READ OPTION AND MAKE THE RBS BEAT US…THATS SIMPLE BUT WE ALSO HAVE TO MAKE ONE ON ONE TACKLES ALL GAME. IF WE ARE SPYING WE ARE SUBJECTING OUR DEFENSE TO ALOT OF MAN ON MAN. ONE MISTAKE AND GOOD BYE. GO LEHIGH

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said. Accurate analysis of a spy.Gate 2ndary cannot go m to m with our WRs for extended periods. If Shaf is healthy no doubt Hunt would love to limit hus optipns by using a spy but very risky. More likely a lot of blitz packahes.

A spy on Melville would be a nice bonus but not an option. Gate has some good WRs Maddaluna in particular that we may have to double.

lu90
    Participant

[quote quote=28596]DROP 7 AND BLITZ ONCE IN AWHILE AND MAYES WILL STRUGGLE.[/quote]

If only Yale had this knowledge last week……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.