QBs for Colgate

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football QBs for Colgate

This topic contains 97 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 98 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

I must say, I think 27 was the difference in the D. Once he came in everything changed. He handled the run, and got 3 holding calls on his man. He changed the game, great job 27

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Here is the understatement of the day – Casey’s KO return was HUGE! It yanked momentum away from Colgate for good.

The key to Lehigh’s defense is to avoid giving up the big play. Without it, Colgate did not have a score. They definitely controlled Melville after the first run.

Kudo’s to Shaf. I must admit I was asking for Mayes after the first quarter and a half. But Shaf played well after half time.

Great win! Now stay focused for the next two. Next week is the dictionary definition of a let down game.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=28632]I must say, I think 27 was the difference in the D. Once he came in everything changed. He handled the run, and got 3 holding calls on his man. He changed the game, great job 27

[/quote]
    +1
    Lambert has been bedeviled his whole career with injuries. Superb tackler. Out again the last few wks.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

I’m pretty pleased with how the defense played today; only a couple of big plays given up, and a nice job against the run (including Melville). And I love that this team plays better in the second half. Are Coen, Bots and the staff making better halftime adjustments this year?

van
    van
    Participant

since we are all so complimentary today, I will give a thumbs up on the play of Cavenas who made a ton of tackles and how about Harris starting at corner for Q, thought he handled it pretty well

TMH
    Participant

Well, the mood has certainly changed here after that game :-)

Two players who deserve recognition are Riley O’Neill who in addition to being tied for 2nd in tackles for the game also intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble. He should be in the running for either ROW or Defensive Player of the Week.
    Ed Mish put on a show today too. Despite the blocked FG, he boomed almost every KO into the end zone and had some incredibly long punts while tucking 2 inside the 20.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Usually this board is quiet after a win.

The are lots of game balls to go around. Lambert did make a big difference; Harvey and Cavenas were stellar. Casey’s KO return KO-d Gate — what a momentum breaker it was!

Shaf was solid in second half. In first half I was almost wanting Mayes. I’m not sure how Mayes would have dealt with the three-man rush, though. Bottom line is Nick handled it well in second half.

Crazy stat of the day: Colgate’s offense topped Lehigh’s in yards, 500-493. Hard to believe: LU D GAVE UP 500 YARDS, more than 200 on three big plays!

If this team can tackle more consistently and not give up the big play, there’s no telling how far it can go.

I hate to look ahead, but LU had better have a good game plan for Chase Edmonds, Fordham.

Melville’s passing was shaky — especially after throwing for 399 yards, I think, last week. I thought Gate’s featured running back was too small to be effective, but he gained 101 yards on 25 carries.

Pass defense was clutch. Some great breakups.

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=28637]Well, the mood has certainly changed here after that game :-)

Two players who deserve recognition are Riley O’Neill who in addition to being tied for 2nd in tackles for the game also intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble. He should be in the running for either ROW or Defensive Player of the Week.
    Ed Mish put on a show today too. Despite the blocked FG, he boomed almost every KO into the end zone and had some incredibly long punts while tucking 2 inside the 20.
    [/quote]
    Agree on Mish, he was solid on kick offs and punts today

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Defense set the tone. But for a few broken plays, they were pretty stout, and shutting down Melville in the second half when the O took over was huge. Our WR duo must be the most dynamic in the country. Unbelievable. Casey is one strong guy. Second week in a row he has broken an attempted tackle after a long pass and taken it to the house. Shaf had a solid game since he still hurting. #12 did a nice job taking over for Jones, who I understand is out for the season. Will be back next year. Next man up. Also agree about Lamberts play. We missed him over the years. Curious about Mish’s trajectory issues on his PKs. The reason one was deflected, though still through the uprights, and another blocked. A few others were good, but still low. His punting was tremendous as were the KO’s. This is the best win of the season over a quality team. They may be 1-4, but they have played a very tough schedule. Team can run the table if they focus on only the game in front of them.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Was thinking the same thing, ngineer: “Our WR duo must be the most dynamic in the country.”

TMH
    Participant

Our WR duo must be the most dynamic in the country.”

Talk about embarrassment of riches. Both Pelletier and Casey return next year. Kelsey will hopefully join them. Portoreal looks to be the real deal coming in. Mayes will be throwing to them and handing of to Bragalone. If they all continue to improve, that offense may be the scariest yet.

Chopper
    Participant

Anyone have an idea which one is faster ? Hard for me to tell.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

From what I hear, Kelsey is the fastest.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sasha the fastest. Gatlin then TP. DK fits somewhere in that mix.

wilsonfootball2
    wilsonfootball2
    Participant

Went to my first game of the year yesterday and It was great! The home stands were full! The only disappointment was seeing two of the water girls sit during the National anthem right in front of the Color Guard. What a shame. Two paid students sitting. FIRE THEM! I’m sure their are two other students willing to make some extra money filling water bottles.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.