QBs for Colgate

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football QBs for Colgate

This topic contains 97 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

It’s hard to believe that fans are still doubting Shaf…Are you kidding? Did you see the first td throw? Stop with the nonsense of resting Shaf. Coen is protecting a 300k job. Would you play a non mobile back up qb if your job was on the line? With this win it will balls to the wall all the way out. Only if injury occurs will back ups play. Lehigh is playing very good football and they are playing well together. Why would any coach throw the a back up in. Makes no sense. Shaf can move Mayes is a statue. You have to be able to move around to buy some time. Georgetown is awful. Mayes and most of the backups will play most of second half after we are up by 40. Our defense keeps making great adjustments at half. Doing a great job. My prediction of 5 in a row is going to come true… GO LEHIGH

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LG
    His PT was severely ltd by knee until the past week. MU and Nova ran our asses off the edge. If he were 100% he would have played. I have had my issues with DC but doubt he held LL out for any other reason. He was our best open field tackler at S. His issue is going forwaelrd on run and blitz. Cover is not his forte. However, run support on the edge is and has been the issue. And it is not just another bad call by DC. LL himself said he was thankful to finally be healthy enough to play D.
    Playing on FG and XPs not the same as playing Rover.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Rich I have witnessed practices. He always runs with the 2nd team. And only plays in game when it’s out of reach. I’m not going to argue the point. LL hasn’t been happy with his PT. We shall see how much pt LL gets, if KM is healthy next game. Funny how miraculously LL got healthy when KM went down. Lol. how convenient for LU.

just a fan
    Participant

I root for both young men. KM played well considering he was listed as backup CB behind leaks and never practiced that position in practice. I’ve watch tons on practices also and I agree LL was surely not healthy. It showed in the spring game when he got scored on, on long pass plays. He was clearly limping. Hey our defense plays lights out 2nd half anyway. But I’m so glad LL is back. He surely brings pop to the defense but to totally discredit KM is surely wrong.

just a fan
    Participant

Oh LL is a true captain sat and cheered and waited his turn again and showed out. That’s what makes LEHIGH special. Both QB’s cheer for each other and have a personal hand shake. They are 1 heart beat now and I love it.

I WANT WINNERS!!!

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Two things:

1) I like the point LUHawker made; he might be right:

“I’ll make a slightly interesting comment (feel free to agree or disagree): I actually think that Nick’s more limited mobility (or at least some restrictions on his running) against Colgate really was a blessing in disguise. I think it forced him to not think “run” right away forcing him to keep his eyes downfield.”

I love the adjustments the O made to Colgate’s three-man rush.

2) I’m not doubting Shaf. He’s a solid leader. As the originator (I think) of this thread suggested, LU has two great — yet different QBs. It’s wonderful to be able to keep the opposition in stitches each week as to who will start.

Personally, I have no problem with Shaf starting as long as he continues to play effectively (and doesn’t get hurt trying to do too much himself — along the lines of LUHawker’s comments). He has become one of the nation’s top QBs and is blessed with top receivers, a solid running game and a pretty good OL.

LehighGuy
    Participant

well just a fan you might havent seen a practice since the spring time then. thats the only position KM practices at. Wilson is the backup to leaks, throw the depth chart out as that is irrelevant for the most part. not to dog the kid, but im not the only one that noticed he couldnt tackle, just a fact. Glad LL is playing and hope he stays in the game, he will help our horrible run defense for sure. And i will say it one last time, hes been healthy!!!!

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

1. Shaf is #10 nationally in passing yards
    #7 in passing effeciency
    #7 in passing TDs

Mayes has shown ability to be just as good if Shaf God Forbid gets hurt

It is literally the best possible problem to have as a head football coach. It’s an Alabama-like problem.

2. LL has not been 100% over the first four weeks and this was reiterated to me specifically by coach. He is finally 100%. He was brought back easy and now it’s going to be critical he can go full games. I have little doubt he will be up to the challenge. I’m very glad to have him.

3. While we’re pouring on accolades, let’s not forget about Evan Harvey. Colton Caslow is a great leader, but in a lot of ways I see Evan Harvey as another fiery guy that is emotionally lifting the entire team. The defense’s success started when Harvey took over his position, and bit by bit more pieces are falling into place. It’s exciting.

just a fan
    Participant

Never said he was a tackling machine. But glad LL is back. However facts is facts. No matter who’s there we still be shutting teams out in the 2nd half. He’s def a way better run stopper not sure about coverage. But trust me LG I gotcha. But that’s coaching to me. Either or should not be playing 4 downs. They both can be used.

I WANT WINNERS!!!!

hawktalker
    Participant

LL is listed as starter at Rover in this week’s depth chart. Harvey listed as starter at LB with Caslow and Ripanti. Maybe not going nickel as base D this week

just a fan
    Participant

lets get the W this week

I WANT WINNERS!!!

TrueHawkster21
    Participant

This is my first time posting on this blog, however, I have been reading it for over 3 years now. I’d like to start off by saying… You are all aware that the parents and the players read these, correct? To lay insult after insult on these kids is pathetic! It is very easy to sit at your computer and play arm chair quarterback! Please feel free to let me know if there are any college football records you have broken and how many of you have won Patriot League Offensive player of the Week (which was won by our quarterbacks 3 weeks straight). This is the most wishy washy group I have ever seen. First two games, everyone is calling for Nick’s head. Making comments like “Shaf can’t throw a deep ball” and “there’s no threat down field when Shaf is in”. Then he plays a great game, wins awards and now he’s everyone’s favorite again. You’re calling for Mayes to play, he gets the chance, breaks school records, wins more awards and people make comments like “our third string center could have thrown for that many yards against Yale”, “Mayes is a statue”. Maybe Coach should have asked any of you to take the place of the injured QB, maybe you would have thrown for 700 yards since it was so easy! Then there is the talk about our defense, I can pretty much guarantee the players don’t go out on the field with the intention of missing tackles. They try and play to the best of their ability and get ripped for doing so! I’m sure you all were the Patriot League Linebackers of the year, right? Never missing a tackle in your career? When is it that any of you will be happy? You call yourselves fans… true fans support their team and their players (all of them). They don’t ridicule kids!!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Understand your feelings but you must remember this is a fan board open to all.
    Also not fair to characteruze “all” of us as negative posters. Actually it is only a few who are consistently negative. More often than not many more posters chime in with more balanced opinions.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote quote=28733]This is my first time posting on this blog, however, I have been reading it for over 3 years now. I’d like to start off by saying… You are all aware that the parents and the players read these, correct? To lay insult after insult on these kids is pathetic! It is very easy to sit at your computer and play arm chair quarterback! Please feel free to let me know if there are any college football records you have broken and how many of you have won Patriot League Offensive player of the Week (which was won by our quarterbacks 3 weeks straight). This is the most wishy washy group I have ever seen. First two games, everyone is calling for Nick’s head. Making comments like “Shaf can’t throw a deep ball” and “there’s no threat down field when Shaf is in”. Then he plays a great game, wins awards and now he’s everyone’s favorite again. You’re calling for Mayes to play, he gets the chance, breaks school records, wins more awards and people make comments like “our third string center could have thrown for that many yards against Yale”, “Mayes is a statue”. Maybe Coach should have asked any of you to take the place of the injured QB, maybe you would have thrown for 700 yards since it was so easy! Then there is the talk about our defense, I can pretty much guarantee the players don’t go out on the field with the intention of missing tackles. They try and play to the best of their ability and get ripped for doing so! I’m sure you all were the Patriot League Linebackers of the year, right? Never missing a tackle in your career? When is it that any of you will be happy? You call yourselves fans… true fans support their team and their players (all of them). They don’t ridicule kids!!!

[/quote]

Wow, what an entrance for your first foray onto the message board.
    As for your hollow basis on which to provide criticism, critique, compliments or otherwise, let me just ask you: do you criticize politicians or the/any President? Were you a President? If not, not sure you should be saying anything.

I’m quite sure nearly everyone who posts on this board is a fan, in the fanatic sense of the word. Last time I checked , however, fan <> cheerleader. I can’t say for certain, but several of our posters here have been fans for 40+ years. Me personally 25+. You: looks like 3 years.

While I’m sure we all appreciated the lecture, it’s a message board, so relax Francis.

Snarkiness aside, why don’t you add to the discourse with your own observations and comments. You’re entitled to yours, just as I, mine, and everyone else’s, theirs.

TrueHawkster21
    Participant

Pretty sure it’s not a hollow basis, I’ve read all the blogs. Some of these posts are ruthless! I do not criticize the president, nor do I pretend to know how to do his job. Apparently the majority of the folks on this board know how to coach and play each position better than those actually doing it. My point was that the parents and players read these, and I’m sure your criticism/critique does not help them prepare to play a better game. No one said you weren’t entitled to your opinions…but opinions can be made without bashing the players. As for the number of years…what difference does that make when posting?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.