QBs for Colgate

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football QBs for Colgate

This topic contains 97 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hyperbole nor smartassery serves little but to extend this conversation needlessly.
    All here are free to post their opinions,criticisms and critiques.
    Admit I dont like some of the poster comments. Censorship is not the answer. Sure I wish some would tone down their posts. If you object to a post say so. You are swinging a wide brush with your claim that a majority here fit your description. You really should read all the posts in a thread . You will always find posts objecting to those types of posts.
    To only refer to those posts you dont like and categorizing all of us as the Asinine reasoning and quite unfair.
    Try to understand that this is a fan board. We comment on the performance of the team playets and coaches. Some posters go to far in my opinion in calling out specijic players. That said if a player or a unit has a bad day we are going to voice our opinions. We do the same on good days.
    A lot of people from Lehigh and other PL Ivy and CAA read and post here. Besides the mood swings between Ws and Ls, we talk about our teams and sports.
    If you have been reading here for some years you should realize that. Yet you focus solely on a few posters.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

Agreed, Rich. Good points. The fact is, no one who reads this forum is forced to do so. If anyone is offended by real fans expressing their opinions, maybe they shouldn’t read this board. Telling fans that they shouldn’t express their opinions is like telling fans they can’t “boo” at a game.

One more thing — just because a fan didn’t play the game at a high level (or even play at all) doesn’t mean they can’t have opinions, and express them. Otherwise, players playing the game would be doing so for themselves and their families. What would be the point in that?

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

As a former player….+1

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

My policy has always been to have a light hand on the moderator button. Overall my policy is to let people stand on their own comments. They also reserve the right to have me call such fans out publicly on this board, too. occasionally I find people on here ridiculous, and I say so. But I also think that their opinions should be on here too, as long as they don’t go over the line.

Most of the folks who were clamoring for Shaf to be benched pretty much just look silly now. Also, doesn’t look like any players during the whole Shaf/Mayes/We Are The Crimson Tide incident seems to be taking things the wrong way. Shaf and Mayes are tough kids. They can handle it.

Lehigh players I think know this when they come here. They know that fans care. They also know fans are a little nuts. Me included. That’s what they want, I think – they want fans to care. As long as it’s not the very worst, they’re OK with it. That’s my feelings on all this.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I’m not thrilled by some of the hyperbole here, either, but it is what it is.

This group seems to represent a cross-section of fans. I’m glad I get to read all the views — even the ones I disagree (or worse) with.

I respect our new poster’s call for sensitivity — if that’s the right term. I don’t necessarily agree we shouldn’t express our honest opinions.

As I think I’ve said before, players shouldn’t be coming to this board — they’ve got plenty to do focusing on their sport, school and social life. Reading the stuff here would just be a wasteful distraction.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

RichH: Did you find that “smartassery” word in the dictonary? I like it. Seriously. Looks cool. You’d be a good Scrabble player. :-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:-)))
    It sounded good and it was apt. Have no clue whether we could find it in a dictionary.

toddcudd
    Participant

It is now officially in the only dictionary I care about – mine! LOL!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.