Quiet period

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Quiet period

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

7/1 thru 7/31 no contact except on campus. Camps are the news for this month. Assts are out at various camps evaluating players.

TheCobbler
    Participant

I had a hunch you were talking out your a$$ so I looked it up, and I was correct!

Quiet period began 6/1 not 7/1 and it goes through 8/31 not 7/31. Coaches are allowed 1 evaluation per athlete for Sept, Oct and Nov.

http://www.recruitlook.com/index.php?do=/public/ncaaRules#football2

More bad information. When are people going to realize RichH is a fraud? The only reason he would post something like this is to make people think he knows so much about recruiting. You don’t fool me, FRAUD!

TMH
    Participant

Hmmm…..Cobbler calls RichH a fraud because he had the beginning date wrong and the ending date correct. Cobbler has the beginning date correct and the ending date wrong. By your own chart for FCS football, the quiet period runs from 6-1-14 to 7-31-14. In fact your chart only runs to 7-31-14…..Cobbler is a FRAUD. Now go away.

04-15-14 thru 05-31-14 Quiet Period **(when not conducting the evaluations above)
    06-01-14 thru 07-31-14 Quiet Period

TheCobbler
    Participant

TMH,

So what happens on 8/1? The world ends?

Stop drinking the RichH Kool Aid. His spell over you may be stronger than I thought. You aren’t just ignoring the truth when it’s put right in front of you, you’re going out of your way to defend him. Scary stuff.

RichH does a great job of reporting the information he reads on athletes twitter feeds. That’s about it.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Cobbler, I lost all respect for you when you called me a fraud and spouted incorrect information that high school athletes could doctor their own Rivals profile. You were proven definitively incorrect but instead of stopping your nonsense you pivoted topics to stay on the attack. You are also guilty of trying to trap RichH and make his list look inaccurate when stating that Lehigh will not get a commitment from every QB they recruit. Of course they won’t get a commit from every qb, that would make ZERO sense for the athletes or the school.

As far as I can tell, you are the most clueless poster on this board and if you want to critique a system you should probably make some effort to educate yourself on it first. RichH does a ton of legwork and while admitting the information on the internet is incomplete and inaccurate, he is completely fair and transparent in the way that he presents such information with full disclosure. You in fact, are the only person who is spreading factually untrue statements with zero research. If there is anyone on this board who is a fraud and posts information with no source while positioning it as “fact” it is you. The fact that you fail to see your negativity, hypocrisy, and lack of accuracy while demeaning others is astounding. If RichH made an honest mistake reading the calendar, he did so in an attempt to provide a service to the board. Your incorrect information comes with an obsessive agenda and zero sense of integrity – yet you call others a fraud. Long story short, nobody gives a sh*t what you think.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sorry guys,misread chart on phone. Old eyes :) cobbler still annoying. More relevant one more football camp this month then only 2 weeks to preseason.

TheCobbler
    Participant

This is like the Branch Davidians…

Another defender of RichH. Explain to me what “7/1 thru 7/31 no contact except on campus. Camps are the news for this month. Assts are out at various camps evaluating players” means????

Rich H claims “no contact except on campus” but yet also says assistants are out at camps evaluating players. Which one is it? Are they not having any contact except on campus? Or are they out at camps evaluating players? It can’t be both.

Just another example of how RichH doesn’t know what he’s talking about and a member of his cult coming to his defense.

The “great” RichH missed the fact their was a Prospect Day on LU’s campus yesterday…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No cobbler, I didn’t miss it. Just have no info on it,so nothing to report. Per assts tweets they are at a bunch of camps ,Temple is one I recall,scouting,not contacting. Scouti.g not banned during this period.
    Cobbler I make no claim to be great, I just try to find info on our football recruiting as best I can and post it for those who enjoy it.

TheCobbler
    Participant

Noting that there was a Prospect Day on campus seems like a pretty logical thing to include when you start a thread of this nature. Probably some information your cronies would have appreciated. Tough to report when you don’t know about it though.

I would think you would have known about that RichH. Makes me wonder what a grown man who sits around day and night reading 16 & 17 yr olds twitter is really doing?????

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Knowing about visits to campus not very newsworthy unless we know who they are and kids post something.As I said before, I post what info I find which is less than the total picture. Unlike bball where officials are more commonly posted in various sites FCS visits are rarely posted other than by kids themselves or their coaches. If they dont ,I dont know about them.

toddcudd
    Participant

We REALLY need to stop feeding the troll. I’d strongly recommend ignoring any post; he’s here just to troll. Probably sits around with the dungeons and dragons club in Easton to laugh when he gets a rise from someone here. Think of him like a mosquito bite; just ignore it, and it will go away.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

You’re right todd. I need more willpower,lol.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Cobbler: “Another defender of RichH. Explain to me what “7/1 thru 7/31 no contact except on campus. Camps are the news for this month. Assts are out at various camps evaluating players” means????

Rich H claims “no contact except on campus” but yet also says assistants are out at camps evaluating players. Which one is it? Are they not having any contact except on campus? Or are they out at camps evaluating players? It can’t be both.

– – – – – – –

Actually it CAN be both – and it is both. Coaches are allowed to work at camps and evaluate players – but they cannot actually recruit under the NCAA rules. The terminology Rich H used is the same as is used in the NCAA bylaws, where it says during a Quiet Period that recruiting contacts can only be made on campus.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.