Record Setters

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Women’s Basketball Record Setters

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 15 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

At 21-6 (10-2) the Ladies are three wins away from tying the school record of 24-4 set in the ’85-’86 season. With two games left to play in the regular season and at least one (hopefully three) in the PL Championships, I give them a better than even chance of making history.

Upcoming opponents to close out the year:
    Bucknell 15-10 (7-5) PRI 182
    Holy Cross 12-15 (7-5) RPI 180

If you can’t make it to Lewisburg and Worcester to see the men battle it out for 4th place in the standings, why not treat yourself to some fine basketball and show your support for the ladies. Don’t think you’ll be alone; the gals have been drawing nicely averaging 1096 in the five home games played to date. That’s good for third best in the league. (PS The men averaged 1405/game – 6th best in the PL).

How good are these ladies? In the PL, they’re very good (see below). Like any fan of small college ball, I’m anxious to see them have their day up against one of the nation’s best. Maybe that day will come this year, if they could only string together three wins in March. No, I don’t think UConn, Oklahoma or Maryland are losing any sleep over the prospects of playing the Mountain Hawks, but it’s fun to imagine such a match-up. In the meantime, check out their rankings within the PL:

Scoring Offense 1st @ 66.6 ppg
    Scoring Defense 2nd @ 56.1 ppg
    FG% 1st @ .425
    FG% Defense 2nd @ .367
    3FG% 3rd @ .347
    3FG% Defense 1st @ .291
    Steals 1st @ 8.8/game
    TO Margin 2nd @ + 2.8/game

Good luck, Ladies!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Kids played great. Troyan either has much more depth than last year or using it much better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.