ROSTER

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football ROSTER

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Now 102 incl recruits

23 sr
    24 jr
    29 so
    26 fr

OL 16 4 @ class

DL 14 3sr 3jr 3 so 5fr

Db 17 3 4 6 4

wr 15 4 3 5 3

TE 4 1 1 1 1

LB 20 5 @ class

RB 7 1 3 2 1

Fb 3 1 0 2 0

QB 5 1 1 1 2

OL who will step in?

van
    van
    Participant

Should be Liebler and McKenna for sure.

Hoping AJ Hood is in the mix, he is impressive physically.

Think Vuono and Ganoe were in the 2 deep last year.

Good chance for a rising soph to break into the starting line up. Rare that a Frosh gets a start unless injuries ahead of him.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree, think Lippincott may move in next to mcKenna..
    Could be a solid , if a bit smaal OL. Interesting that Andy wanted smashmouth style OL yet he has not recruited ( or perhaps not gotten) big body kids. Ol kids remind me of Kevin’s lines tall and comparatively light.

van
    van
    Participant

I’d wait until we see new bio stats before declaring them light. Guys have a way of putting on some muscle over the off season.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

First, 280-300lb guys are plenty big if they have quick feet. That is the key. I’d rather have a 285 lb tackle who can move as opposed to a 325 lb blob who can’t move.

On a different note, great news tonight at the Football Dinner. Lehigh will have 3 seniors returning next year with medical redshirts: Schauder on the OL and Doukoulis and Flizak on the DL !! That will provide some excellent returning experience.

van
    van
    Participant

That is great news. I was a little worried that we were thin on the DL and Douk and Flea returning make our DL a strength for the team.

Likewise on the OL with only 2 other starters returning, Schauder adds welcome experience.

Now my #1 concern is the DBs. Would like to see Newton at safety to add some stability back there.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

ngineer that is great news. Its like we actually got 29 recruits this year. Schauder is key for me, gives us 3 starters on OL does not make up for losing Clerge and Rackey but it sure helps. Dook and Fliizack are a great bonus. We should have extraordinary quality depth in our front 7.

DBs will be a major issue. Andrews is great maybe Gabe or Jarvis at the other corner. Littlejohn and Obrien at safety. All got a lot of PT but most of it on special teams ,other than Andrews, who is probably the best athlete on squad. No experienced depth at all.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Rumor update. ngineer notes on AGS that there is some talk of a couple of transfers, one being a ST K/P?

Did anyone notice that we basically have the same # of OL and DL? 3 deep on Ol and 5 deep on DL.

Andy does not carry as many OL as Hank and Kevin did. I recall 1 yr Hank had 31 OL. 2x what we have now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.