Roster update

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Roster update

Tagged: 

This topic contains 41 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Sounds like a great program.

My (I know the answer) question: Why does Lehigh not attempt to do this university-wide? Just imagine … (heck, if I were a freshman and listened to my mentor …)

I guess I’m a little stoked it’s just for intercollegiate athletes, who seem to have other special perks/programs on campus, too.

Hopefully it can serve as a university-wide opt-in model.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From Julie’s video,while the program is targetted to athletics,she noted that the mentors are encouraged to take the skills beyond their teams. Agree,sounds like this program would be a good addition to current orientation programs and Gryphon mentoring.

Miller
    Participant

Just hate to see $$$ and time wasted on programs that should have already been in place. This is a position created by higher ups to make alum and others feel good……………much a waste as many gov’t programs. Sorry to burst the bubble…………..But can’t wait til camp

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

lol
    Aw Miller,I’d have to agree with your dyspeptic outlook in order to have any bubbles burst. I,too,cannot wait for camp. Of intetest this month,will be the football camos coming up.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Back to summer and football :). First camp done. Big turnout and numerous names to research.
    Of particular note,I notice from social media a very large number of kids returning to campus. It has been a few years since I’ve seen so much activity. Unlike prior years,the effort this year is much more coordinated.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    A few questions
    1.)I’ll assume that freshmen are allowed to participate in off season workouts. Am I right and are you aware of any coming in?
    2.)Nick will be the key to this year’s offense. Is he capable of participating yet? I would think it would be important to develop timing and work in his throwing motion now that his shoulder is repaired.
    3.)I never attended a practice because I’m never sure what they mean. If a RB breaks 2 tackles on his way to a 20 yd gain, should I be excited by the run or upset about the tackling?

toddcudd
    Participant

I’ve been wondering the about on-campus summer workouts. When can frosh join? Only if and when they take summer classes?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Haen’t seen any frosh. Since they are rostered,I guess they can participate. Many have come in early for orientation program that LU runs. Nick seems OK. Haven’t seen him on any 7on7 listings. Smarter,IMO, to limit him up to camp. Plenty of arms this year,so less taxing on any one QB. Heck,Visconti in grad school at LU. He could throw some too :)
    Early practices are not an exciting viewing opportunity :) ,other than seeing what kind of shape everyone is in. Last 2 weeks is worth a trip over tho. More unit work. For me ,want to see RBs and QBs (Nick). D will be way behind O thru most of camp. Cohesion and communication,???

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont think they need to be in class. But,perhaps. Dont recall any that have taken a summer class as frosh. I think first summer session has started.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

First session started 5/26.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote=20262]I’ve been wondering the about on-campus summer workouts. When can frosh join? Only if and when they take summer classes?

[/quote]

Todd–Love your ‘signature quote’. Hysterical…with permission I will use it frequently, as I live in the Easton area!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lambert posted a video on Facebook of skills session for foot speed. Remarkable. The intensity of the work outs and skills training is evident. Hopefully,it also applies to whole team,even those who cant get back to campus.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.