Scheduling: 2013-14

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Scheduling: 2013-14

This topic contains 69 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

From what I hear, there are still 2 games to get scheduled.

LUHoops00
    Participant

TMH if there were more than just a couple games left to schedule at this point there would be something wrong!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Hoops, haven’t you heard? It’s because we return 4 starters and a future NBA draft pick off a team that won a game in the tournament. Everyone is scared to play us!

Oh wait. We graduated 5k points and need 4 less OOC games than we ever have before…

You’re right. It doesn’t make any sense.

LU65
    Participant

FINALLY, another game! The Bobcats of Quinnipiac will loook to avenge their 66-77 loss to Lehigh when they travel to Stable on Dec. 21st this year. They were picked to finish 7th in the MAAC Coaches Preseason Poll and sport a 193 RPI from last year. No, not great but better than a D-III schedule filler. Still room, as I see it, for another game or two. Anyone care to guess? How about RMU? Just saying…..they have yet to publish. Who knows. Apparently not ever our coaches.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Lehigh will also have UMBC at home on December 7th. So far, this is what I have. Assuming we are going to do 13 OOC games, there is only one left…

Home:
    Rider (145)
    Sacred Heart (253)
    Quinnipiac (191)
    UMBC (298)

Away:
    @ Minnesota (34)
    @ Houston (197) (Legends)
    @ Pitt (44) (Legends)
    @ Fordham (228)
    @ Bryant (158)
    @ St. Francis (PA) (322)

Nuetral (possible away):
    Texas Southern (184) (Legends)
    Howard/SDSU (334/62) (Legends)

LUHoops00
    Participant

SBum – you have me dying on my commute home my man, hilarious post. Yah sure its trouble scheduling teams when we have 6 guys on a roster who have never played a college game before! Amazing just amazing.

At this point, I am focusing on my minny trip and that’s helping me stay sane.

toddcudd
    Participant

Was just poking around on America East’s site, to check out UMBC (ugh, by the way). Noticed that BU did not play in their tourney last year. Were they excluded, because they were leaving? If so – damn, that’s harsh! Bummer for last year’s seniors! Anybody know if that’s common, during this conference-ageddon that’s been going on?
    Funny coincidence too that UMBC would have played BU in the first round, if BU had been “allowed”, and if I’m reading it right…

lehigh90
    Participant

toddcudd,

You are correct, when they said they were leaving the American East presidents voted to ban them from the postseason tournament.

LU65
    Participant

While unpublished, I believe our 13th (and last) OOC opponent will be the Blackbirds of LIU (20-14, 12-6 NEC, Conference Champ, RPI 184, NCAA Participant). Better yet, all signs point to their visit to Bethlehem sometime between the 7th and 21st of December. That makes it 8 on the road and 5 at home. Not bad when you consider the trouble PL teams face playing host to non-conference opponents. Good work Ott and Company!

LUHoops00
    Participant

As always, the resourceful LU65 with the scoop!!!

Man, what I would give to be in meeting room when decisions are made to only schedule NEC teams for OOC schedule! Being sarcastic but man we love the NEC, of all conferences to schedule heavy with how did they move to the top of the list? Seriously? Ivy League? A10? Nope, we have a pants tent for NEC!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

So the schedule still hasn’t been released, but the ticket page has all of the home dates listed here – http://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=A-B&linkID=global-lehigh&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=.

No surprises unfortuntaely:

11/12 – Rider
    12/1 – Sacred Heart
    12/7 – UMBC
    12/9 – LIU
    12/21 – Q-pac

toddcudd
    Participant

It’s official! Man you guys are good – right on the nose, top to bottom:
    http://lehighsports.com/news/2013/9/19/MBB_0919133326.aspx

LU65
    Participant

If you’re feeling bad about the overall talent of our opponents and the number of home games you’ll get a chance to see leading up to PL play, don’t. Things could be worse. Check out the D-I Home Game report below.

Lehigh (5): Sacred Heart, Rider, UMBC, LIU and Quinnipiac

Bucknell (4): St. Francis (PA), Princeton, Columbia, and Fairfield

Boston University (4): UMass-Lowell, St. Peter’s, Harvard, and Norfolk State

Army (4): NJIT, Delaware, Houston-Baptist and St. Francis (NY)

Colgate(4): Cornell, St. Francis (PA), Fordham and Columbia

Lafayette (3): Robert Morris, Yale and Penn

American(3): UMBC, Howard and Brown

Loyola (MD) (3): Fairfield, Stony Brook, and St. Joseph’s

Navy (3): UMBC, Maryland-Eastern Shores and The Citadel

Holy Cross (3): Canisius, Albany and Sacred Heart

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

That’s the weakest Bucknell home schedule in a few years. That Loyola home schedule is great, even if it is only three games. Colgate is pretty good considering their lack of fan support, tradition, success, etc.

I do understand your overall point though that it is very difficult to schedule OOC home games in the Patriot League. That said, I refuse to believe it is impossible.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Also, I believe that this year was due to be the Penn St @ Bucknell game as part of that series but Penn St requested that their game in Lewisburg be pushed until next season. That obviously drastically alters Bucknell’s home slate. I’m sure Bison137 can confirm.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.