Scrimmage at 2:00,

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Scrimmage at 2:00,

This topic contains 85 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 86 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Here’s a link to my list. I try to include current LU athletes, coaches, rivals’ sources, relevant news sources, etc. Follow list if interested – and feel free to send me tags for any I’ve missed!

TMH
    Participant

LGs list seems about right for the OL. Cavenas (#90) must have been a typo. If my math is correct, our OL should average about 300 this year. That reminds me of the Colgate line a few years ago that kept us out of the playoffs. Seems to be a line to run behind. I hope we take advantage of that.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Figured it might bs OCarroll #70.
    Line s/b deep and very good. Hope Yale doesn’t wipe it out again. DL looks almost set with Mitchell and Palma ,Laub and DJ,Caveness and Stubbs.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Loughlin is a k.
    Kauffman out 4-6 wks with a back injury.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Where can one find a schedule of the practices and next scrimmages? Thanks.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Last scrimmage tomorrow. Email Justin ,quickest way to get times.

toddcudd
    Participant

LG,if you’re on twitter just follow todd cuddington. He keeps a list following coaches and players. I put them all there.

Felt like I should circle back to this. You might not want to actually follow me on twitter. I spend a lot of time on political and economic stuff – that tends to annoy (enrage?) some (many?).

You can, I believe, subscribe to the list I maintain without following me. List link again:

LehighGuy
    Participant

Seems as though Mayes is getting ALOT of snaps with first and second team. I would say hes ahead of #17(whoever that is) and #16. #90 is a TE, dont know who he is either, not Cavenas though. #23 is looking good, Brisker better get healthy, some nice young backs. #23 has more of that wiggle and homerun in him than the rest.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Nick Thevanagam ,converted QB. Not quite as fast as the Bs but from video does have a lot of wiggle. No clue on 90.Altho numbers during camp are a hit and miss thing..
    Mayes is really that good. No knock on Timo but not a shock to see Brad move up. Still think Timo will be #2 for the start of season.

TMH
    Participant

Suddenly, our position of greatest need, running back, may be our position of greatest depth and talent. Go figure. And they are all very young.
    I’m sticking to my prediction by the way that this freshman class across all sports may be the finest one ever.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pretty safe bet TMH. Going thru the various groups,have no clue who did the best,other than all have recruits levels above prior years.

BTW, 90 is Ruhl,his usual jersey died :) Steve was kind enuf to solve the mystery.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

ngineer,

Scrimage at 7:00 on Whitehead.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I would imagine next yr class would be better than this, and so on. The staff is getting familiar with scholarships and seeing what kinda player they can go after. They can throw there name in with ANY Ivy school and most lower tier FBS schools. The PL as a whole will get better talent because of scholarships, and will start winning more recruits than their fair share against the Ivys….EVEN HYP. Mayes will be #2, he has some decent speed as well, Shaf better stay focused and ready or else. Is it safe to say Mayes is the most coveted QB LU has every had???? at least up to this point.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by  LehighGuy.

just a fan
    Participant

is there (2) number 17’s, I thought number 17 was a DB

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Very well said. Brad certainly highest rated QB we’ve ever recruited. Over the decades we have had a lot of very good QBs. A remarkable line of talent.
    Borda was rated as the #32 QB in the nation prior to his screw up. A bunch of upper FBS offers. Those evaporated and he stayed home. McQuilken probably next but he prepped for a year to stay in the LV. Lum had numerous MAC offers before he broke his arm.
    Expect by PL sched he will be 2 .
    Progression of quality evident with our classes. Seems to be a fact across the board. Hoyas’group not deep but quite good.
    Think that other than BU and to a lesser degree FU,we wil see lots of underclassmen on the field for everybody.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.