Second Trip Through the PL

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Second Trip Through the PL

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LU65 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

I think we are going to see some real improvement out of Lehigh for the second trip through the conference. 4-5 on the first trip, and I think we improve to 7-2 this trip through. Many reasons:

1) Got this out a little late, but we are already off at 1-0 vs. 0-1 last time. Won 4 of last 5 vs. PL competition.

2) Most of our tough games are at Stabler. We have Lafayette, Bucknell and Army at home this time, with our only road game (against top 4) at Colgate for the finisher.

3) This team plays very well on the road, with pretty much good performances all around, other than Boston U (and Quinny), and we avenged that defeat.

4) KR has established himself as arguably the best PG in the conference. PG play is critical at the mid-major level, and I think he gives us an edge going forward. He will continue to blossom. He is showing a solid ability to score the ball, and still has a very good assist to turnover ratio.

5) TK has established himself as the best player in the PL. He has really started to assert himself and is now doing it in the scoring column and off the backboard. I think he is even more impressive this time through. Looking like a real leader on the floor.

So, I like us finishing about 11-7, which won’t win the conference most likely, but should put us safely in the top 4. Keys to the second half (I am counting on TK and KR as givens), are going to be a wing scoring option. If AP is consistent from the wing, we are a very good team. Perhaps BA continues to get better, although he will struggle on the defensive end. I think JG will continue to shine with playing time.

Bold prediction time … I see us losing to either HC or Loyola on the road (we play so poorly at HC) and to Colgate on the road. Rest we win.

TMH
    Participant

1.) Has home court really been an advantage for us this year? Without checking, we actually seem to have played better on the road.
    2.)In my mind, how well we do during this 2nd tour of duty is based on which coaches make the better adjustments during this 2nd time around. Have coaches learned how to mitigate TK’s output? Will they be ready for a more confident KR? Will they be able to adapt to what I consider to be a much improved perimeter defense? Can our coaches figure out how to get 40 full minutes out of this team?

lehigh90
    Participant

Well, we get 5 home games vs. 4 from the first go around. Have won our last 3 at home, in conference, after 0-2 start. And, I don’t care what anybody says, given the choice, I’m playing at home. Even in front of 800-1000. Most of them will be friendly to you. You are going to get a better whistle at home, players are more comfortable, no bus ride, etc. You may lose the us vs. the world mentality, but I would rather play at home any day.

LU65
    Participant

I’m on 90’s side when it comes to playing at home. I can’t help but think, the PL Championship will come down to how well we and the other 9 teams compete in the final three games. I happy to see that two of our final three are at Stabler and against what must be considered our two arch-rivals: Lafayette and Bucknell. Each game should draw 2,500 fans and that could only help the home-standing Mountain Hawks. Of course, we must travel to Hamilton (NY) on the final day of the season to take on the Raiders of Colgate who are 4-1 at home this year. With AU, Navy and Army remaining on their home slate, they could well be 6 and 1 or possibly 7 and 1 at home when we arrive on Saturday, 2/28. And, owning a home ‘n home sweep of Bucknell, they could be looking to wrap up the League Title that day with a win. Exciting 24 days ahead!

lehigh90
    Participant

Going according to plan. Lose at Hart, won’t lose again til Colgate.

LU65
    Participant

Time for Army to even up their series with Bucknell this afternoon. What better thing is there to do on this snowy afternoon but to watch the two teams go at it on CBS TV Cable Sports. An Army win would take away some of the pain from yesterday. The one game gap between us and the two at the top (Bucknell and Colgate) would remain in tact. It’d be almost like we didn’t play yesterday. GO KNIGHTS!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.